LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

The final piece

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 10:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The final piece

Finally got this bad boy on the UPS truck headed for Port Pros for the full LT1 conversion and competition port/polish.... Once it's back it's the last piece of hardware we need to finish up my motor..... but it's getting the full bore fogger treatment at the engine shop prior to bolting it up....

all that will be required at that point is button up some loose ends and bolt up the distributor and the crank trigger....... then we'll slide her in the car FINALLY.....

enjoy....

Old 12-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Launching!

NICE! Want to see this car run almost as bad as I want to see mine run.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:42 PM
9 Second Club

You and me both..... nobody else to blame but my checkbook......

I never knew exactly how much it would cost to do a build like this. unfortunately for me it's a few years worth of "after bills are paid" money....

but it's nearing an end thank god...
Old 12-13-2006, 07:53 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad your getting close Jason! PortPros will do a great job for you. Keep me posted.

Tony
Old 12-13-2006, 07:59 AM
11 Second Club

Looks mean Jason, another SuperVic beast out there. Are you going to powdercoat it, etc? Man those pics make me want to get my checkbook back out, I've been slacking ever since I broke the 12 bolt playing around with the new 9". But hey I get the Hoosier QT Pros mounted today so I'm making slow progress.

Looks awesome dude!
Old 12-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mmmhmm new parts smell
Old 12-13-2006, 06:36 PM
9 Second Club

thanks guys.... actually i think i'm going to keep it the brushed aluminum color that it comes in... If you look at the first picture my engine bay has been painted flat black and the silver color stands out really well..... I'm going to use a silver finish Accufab throttle body on top of it and i'm using fabricated sheetmetal valve covers with "California Street Machine Racing Engines" laser engraved in them (sponsor)..... So with all the silver on the motor of the throttle body, fuel rails, manifold, etc offset by the black engine bay I think it's going to look great without powdercoating the manifold......

I think once the hood gets lifted off at the track there will be quite a few "ooohs and aaaaah's" hopefully..... most people would be expecting to see the typical LTX manifold setup but I think this setup really grabs attention.

And that manifold is actually a Victor "E" and not a Supervic.... I bounced back and forth a few times about what manifold I was going to go with but dyno #'s don't lie and Tony's dyno results were all i needed to hear to be sold on this manifold.... Our motors are so similar other than cam specs I'm hoping to have a 9 second NA car and run 8's on the spray.... My car is down to 3150 with me in it..... so assuming I can get similar results on the dyno as Tony the power will be more than enough for a 9 second NA pass.....

Quick Reply: The final piece