Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help with crank pining

Old 12-13-2006, 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help with crank pining

OK I borrowed a crank pinning tool from a guy I know. Un fortunatly he did not have any instructions to go with it, and not have any more pins to pin it with. I need to know what size roll pin I need, how deep and what size to drill the hole, and if there is anything else important I need to know. Thanks

Dan
Old 12-13-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which crank pinning tool did you borrow? ATI Procharger or ATI dampners or one of the many other.

Chad
Old 12-13-2006, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I amnot sure I will have to check. All it is a Bolt with metal ring with a hole in it. I did not check to see the name on it. I will check tonight
Old 12-13-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Veteran

I did one on a Magnacharged truck and they are definatley not roll pins. They are more like dowel pins. A roll pin to me, is hollow in the center made from a flat piece of steel. I'm not sure of the diameter of the pins, but if your have the reamer that's included in the kit, then you should get pins that are slightly smaller or the same diameter.

I know there are instructions floating around here or over at pt.net on how to do it.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
I amnot sure I will have to check. All it is a Bolt with metal ring with a hole in it. I did not check to see the name on it. I will check tonight
The hole in the metal ring I believe is the size of the hole that you will be drilling.Just find the drill bit that fit's that size hole and drill it about a 1/4 of an inch. Tap in a DOWEL PIN and not a Roll Pin. They are two different pin's.Make sure you take out your crank bolt and bolt in your one with the metal ring on it. Hope this helps.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

does a drill even fit to drill
Old 12-13-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
OK I borrowed a crank pinning tool from a guy I know. Un fortunatly he did not have any instructions to go with it, and not have any more pins to pin it with. I need to know what size roll pin I need, how deep and what size to drill the hole, and if there is anything else important I need to know. Thanks

Dan
It sounds as if you have a ProCharger kit. Call Procharger tomorrow and as for an LS1 dowel pin and drill bit and they will hook you up. The drill bit may need to be shortened in order for you to use it on your car. The pin is .750 long.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you definitely have this kit too, so do what he says and call. It must be the right bit and pin. There is also a loctite for pressing in stuff that I used.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:03 AM
10 Second Club

man i would make that call you dont want to mess this up

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with crank pining