LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

header install

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default header install

how hard is the install for long tube header? and what brand should i go with? and should they be coated, painted, ceramic? i dont know. i need help deciding what to go with... also if anyone has and install tip or instuction to make it easier that would help me alot im planning on getting them at the first of the year. thanks alot!
Old 12-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With LT1's I removed the steering shaft and removed motor mounts on each side so I could jack the side up to get the LT's in. I used jet hot, which i have for sale, they are coated but its coming off, no biggie you can always have them redone. Pm if interested
Old 12-13-2006, 07:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

I have Pacesetter LT's, they are coated. I installed them on the Engine when it was sitting on the K-member before I put it back in the car. With the Engine in, the easiest way is to jack the Engine up and disconnect the Steering.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
I have Pacesetter LT's, they are coated. I installed them on the Engine when it was sitting on the K-member before I put it back in the car. With the Engine in, the easiest way is to jack the Engine up and disconnect the Steering.
My experience was similar. I put both in from the top. It helps to have someone up top and someone underneath to squeeze them in and also to align the header with the head so that the bolts can be placed in. I also undid the steering shaft and jacked the motor up a few inches.

Quick Reply: header install