LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

95 LT1 Spedometer/RPM Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 10:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 95 LT1 Spedometer/RPM Gauge

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area, but I have tried in 2 different areas, and am not getting any response there, since this is a LT1 that I am dealing with and I am wondering if this is a LT1 specific problem, I'll try it here.
Ok, I have asked a lot of guys I know locally about this, and they are all LS1 owners, so they aren't sure. I was wondering if anyone knew about the gauges for the spedometer and RPM, if there were known problems with them. Mine will stick. The RPM gauge sticks all the time and rarely the spedometer will stick as well. I know the sound of my engine well enough to at least gauge when my RPMs go over 2, so I can adjust, but I am kind of worried about the spedometer. Just as a note, I have not done any mods to anything other than wheels, hood, and pipes. I am really hoping that it is not an electrical problem. This probably has nothing to do with it, but the light behind the panel is very dim as well.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had nothing but problems with my stock Tach. Sometimes it will jump from 5,000 up to 7,000. Everyonce in a while when I spray the car the tach will peg out the whole pass. I hooked up a auto meter tach, and it worked perfectly. I first wired the auto meter tach off of the MSD tach output on my 6al box, then tryed it with the PCM output, and both worked perfect. I also tryed to wire the factory tach off or the MSD tach output and it still worked like crap. I bought a different tach swaped that in, and it still didnt work correctly. I finnaly just bought a rapter shift light, shift of that, and dont even look at the tach.

Quick Reply: 95 LT1 Spedometer/RPM Gauge