Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 ls6 cam

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 ls6 cam

Hi, I have a 99 ls1 TA M6 and i wanted to put this 03 cam into my car,but i wanted to know if i could run my car with stock tuning with this cam? Will this cam throw any codes or problem with it after the install? Will this pass the strict Bullshit CALI SMOG without any problems with no tuning? Also, another thing that really worries me is that I spoke to this guy in ca that does tuning, and i asked him to give me some info about this cam install if it will pass smog or not to my 99 ls1, His answer was that it won't pass because something with the barcodes or something like that in smog papers. Now is this true? because want to put this cam in ,but i'm really worried about what this guy said. PLEASE HELP
Old 12-15-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TA1972
Hi, I have a 99 ls1 TA M6 and i wanted to put this 03 cam into my car,but i wanted to know if i could run my car with stock tuning with this cam? Will this cam throw any codes or problem with it after the install? Will this pass the strict Bullshit CALI SMOG without any problems with no tuning? Also, another thing that really worries me is that I spoke to this guy in ca that does tuning, and i asked him to give me some info about this cam install if it will pass smog or not to my 99 ls1, His answer was that it won't pass because something with the barcodes or something like that in smog papers. Now is this true? because want to put this cam in ,but i'm really worried about what this guy said. PLEASE HELP
are you sure the 03 cam isn't smaller? the 2000 is larger than the 2001 for example
Old 12-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Teching In

I dont know about cali smog but I have this cam in my 98 without tuning and it has never thrown a code.
I do wish I had gone with a bigger cam, not all that much gain.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the LS6 cam and put it in for the same reasons, runs fine with stock tuning, doesn't set codes, and passes emissions with no problems. Getting a tune will gain you some hidden power, but get an LS6 intake first, then tune it after the cam & intake. Good luck.