Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pump Install Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Pump Install Help!

I read the stickied topic about a fuel pump install, and searched the web for some good definitive directions but found none. So, I'm turning to you guys!

I'm in the MIDDLE of a new fuel pump install. I don't have the Racetronix, but it seems to have the same hotwire kit and all. I have a few questions. First one is, the little brass fitting that is in the old pump, has a real small fuel line attached to it. My new pump DOES NOT have this fitting. I'm assuming this is to help draw gas into the bucket to keep it full? Well, if I don't attach this hose, is it going to mess me up? I read where the stock fuel pressure regulator also draws fuel and helps to keep the bucket full. So, I need some expert opinions here! If I DO need to install this brass fitting, anyone know where I can get one?

Also, my new pump has two places for a positive and negative wire. Do I nee to hook something up here? My directions I have SUCK. Thanks. I think that's all for now.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Launching!

im stuck like you right now, i was told to ditch the little fuel like drill holes in the bucket
Old 12-15-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you drill holes in the bucket, it does away with the bucket's functionality. I'm hoping the FPR also pulls fuel and fills the bucket or I'm going to try to re-use the brass fitting from my stock pump.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All you do is cut a hole in the side of the bucket and that will keep fuel around it. With the intanks you wont really be able to run it below a quarter tank anymore.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Im going to be installing one next month. Is there any way to install this kit without cutting holes in the bucket? I want to be able to run it below a quarter tank and dont want any issues. thanks
Old 12-16-2006, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

what fuel pump is this? Do you have a pic of the pump you plan to use? This small fuel line is this connected to the top housing? Mine ran down to the pump but wasnt actually connected to it.