Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TUNING & SMOG

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TUNING & SMOG

Hi, Wanted to know if anybody who lives in CA or knows the strict smog laws that has passed the smog check with 218/228,558 lift with 116 lsa or something close? Does anybody have experienced in recent smog laws? Something that deals with the whole smog procedures? I really need to know ,because I want to put that cam in my 99 ls1 with catback,lid,shorty headers,but what's holding me back is that all obd2's have to be plug into the smog device for them to check,So what i'm worried about is that after the whole cam swap,don't i need to tune my computer for it to run perfect? After tuning the car's ecu and when it's time to get a smog done to your car and the guys at the smog shop plugs in that cable,wouldn't it show up in there smog computer that the ecu has been tampered with and not pass smog? or won't show up. Please help I'm newbie with all this tuning thing and need major help
Old 12-16-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in CA and have tuned several cars that have passed smog checks. So long as all of your emissions equipment is hooked up and functioning, and your AFR is set up properly, you should have no problems passing a tail pipe inspection. Smog check places cannot verify if the ECM has been tuned, all they can check is for trouble codes and to verify that any readiness systems test are complete. Incomplete tests or any DTC showing on their scan will be an automatic fail, ragrdless of tail pipe results. This usually requires at least 50 miles of driving time to complete readiness tests.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TA Send me your tune and ill set one up that will pass with flying colors.