My proposed fuel system...please make suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 02:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My proposed fuel system...please make suggestions

-Nasty Performance sumped tank and fuel rails
-10AN (or 12AN) line tank to pre-filter
-Same size line pre-filter to fuel pump (am I able to directly connect the filters to both sides of the pump to save on plumbing?)
-10AN pump to post-filter to engine bay
-10AN/2x8AN y-fitting.
-One side to a 8AN/2x6AN y-fitting to give 6AN lines to the NOS-02462 kit
-Other side to a 8AN/2x6AN y-fitting to give 6AN line to each individual fuel rail
-6AN lines from each fuel rail to regulator
-6AN line back to tank (or convert stock feed line to 6AN-compatible fittings to reduce hose costs and use a filter on the return line)

Need suggestions on pump, regulator, and filters.

This year won't see more than 460-470rwhp N/A plus a 150-shot if I even run the kit this year. I want to have the fuel system hammered out for next year when I build a motor and either go boosted or keep the same H/C setup and spray a 300-shot with the new internals. Either way, the plan is to make 700-750rwhp either by nitrous or FI next year, so let's use that as my target for the pump. I'd like the rest of the setup to handle more than that (and I believe the lines I'll be running should be good for at least 1000rwhp).

I was thinking an A1000 or a Magnafuel 4301 pump for the time being to last me at least through next year with the 700-750rwhp setup. Was also thinking about the 13109 regulator, but I've heard to go Fuelab instead. I haven't a clue as to what filter to use with all of them out there.

Last edited by DuronClocker; 12-16-2006 at 02:24 AM.