PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help, pcm problems (I think)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Please help, pcm problems (I think)

I have a 98 TA with a rear mount turbo meth injected. I was driving to the track and I noticed that my car was acting funny. The converter was staying locked up when I went to stop. I thought that it was the tcc stuck in the transmission. I then turned the car off and started it back up and the check engine light came on. I hooked my scan tool up and it said TPS no signal. I unplugged it and methanol came out of the plug. I put a new TPS on it right away and the code went off, but the car was running rich and then lean back to back. When the car started running funny the fuel gauge stopped working and the traction control was stuck off- you couldn' turn it off or on. Codes kept coming up- O2, mass air, fuel gauge, crank shaft position sensor.
I put a new pcm in the car that came from O'Reilly Auto Parts. I had them put a stock flash in it so my VIN would be in it and the car would run enough to tune it back to the way it was tuned before. I put my stock 28 lb. injectors in it so it would run. I backed the boost down to 4 lbs. It was running good. I drove the car two times, and it started doing the same thing. It can't be methanol in the TPS because I never turned it on. PLEASE HELP!
Jed

Last edited by jed98ta; 12-18-2006 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Exclamation

Do you think its back feeding power to the pcm from something
Old 12-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Question

Well i been working on my car and when its cold and in open loop it runs fine and the traction control is fine to where you can turn it off and on. The fuel gauge works fine too . When the car runs for about 3 min. it goes to closed loop it goes nuts . All the codes are back lol .........

Old 12-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Teching In

I put another pcm in the car and still doing the same thing .....
Old 12-30-2006, 10:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you check for a ground issue or a melted wire by the headers?
Old 01-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Smile

Ok i found the problem, it was the power wire in the tank going to the fuel pumps. I have two welbro 255 pumps and one of the pumps locked up and and the other one keep on pumping and the power wire melted into the fuel level wires . So this was where i was getting the power back to the pcm lol....
Thanks to everyone for taking a look at my problem . Now back to the dyno i go ..

Last edited by jed98ta; 01-01-2007 at 12:22 PM.