Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electronic Cutout help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 02:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Electronic Cutout help please

Hi everyone, I am planing to get an electronic cutout on my Trans Am, and I have some questions. if anyone can help me i would appreciate it alot, Thank You.

1. Whats the best brand to get?

2. How long should it take to Install?

3. How much will the installation cost?

4. I was told the best spot to put it on is the I-pipe is this true?

5. will it sound better with a hi-flowing cat, if so which one compliments the cutout best?

6. What size is a stock I-pipe? Does the cutout size matter, or do I have to buy one the same size as my pipes?

7. How much louder is it than stock, will i idle loud

8. Next Level performance is like 30 minutes away from where I live, I heard its great with Trans Am's. Just wondering if its true. I might go there to install it.

I want my car loud but not to drive my neighbors crazy, thats why I am getting the Electronic Cutout so I can control the sound. I know I am asking alot but any help will be great. Don't want to make any mistakes.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, i'll answer a few for you.

1)get a qtp cutout.

2)it will take about an hour with the proper tools. (you'll have to weld a cutout in, run the e-cutout wires to a hot line, ground it, and bolt it up)

3)find a buddy with a welder and feed him a 12pack because it sounds like you don't need to be doing any welding/cutting.

5)take off your cats and put on long tube headers and a y pipe first or you'll be kicking yourself in the longrun

7)loud.

8) any shop should be able to do this.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by andrew1182
ok, i'll answer a few for you.

1)get a qtp cutout.

2)it will take about an hour with the proper tools. (you'll have to weld a cutout in, run the e-cutout wires to a hot line, ground it, and bolt it up)

3)find a buddy with a welder and feed him a 12pack because it sounds like you don't need to be doing any welding/cutting.

5)take off your cats and put on long tube headers and a y pipe first or you'll be kicking yourself in the longrun

7)loud.

8) any shop should be able to do this.
couldnt have said it better myself
Old 12-18-2006, 06:53 PM
TECH Resident

DMH cutouts have a 4 year warranty and the cutout motor will stop once the cutout is fully open and closed.