Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check out my VE table please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 01:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Check out my VE table please.

I need to know if this is normal, I'm thinking it's not. I've attached a pic of my table 3D graph and the last amount of AFR error right before I pasted special> multiplied by % one last time. I made (6) 50+ minute logs and there's a few low MAP/RPM cells that came up different everytime that just wouldnt correct. I noticed that these cells were mainly deceleration and idle, is it normal for these cells to not be so transient? Thanks

Hummer

Old 12-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe its just me... but I dont see an image or file attachment?
Old 12-18-2006, 02:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tunedportcj5
maybe its just me... but I dont see an image or file attachment?
If you're @ work security might not let you. Try refreshing. I see it no problem.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

It's coming up as red Xs for me, and I'm at home.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:05 PM
12 Second Club

You linked the pix from the HPTuners forum.
If your not logged into HPTuners forum or don't have an account there, the images won't show.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by DirtyJohn
You linked the pix from the HPTuners forum.
If your not logged into HPTuners forum or don't have an account there, the images won't show.
I'm a member and currently logged in over there, and they still don't show for me.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:17 PM
12 Second Club

I'd ask to look at the box you select to have it always keep you logged in on the website.
It may have to do with cookies, or not work if your doing it with another browser.

Regardless, i just put in in my photobucket...

There...

Also, I don't know whats wrong with your VE, I just do computer stuff.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

It doesn't look horrible...the VE table won't come out very smooth no matter what you do. As long as DFCO is disabled, deceleration doesn't look bad, and is pretty hard to tune no matter what.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DirtyJohn
I'd ask to look at the box you select to have it always keep you logged in on the website.
It may have to do with cookies, or not work if your doing it with another browser.

Also, I don't know whats wrong with your VE, I just do computer stuff.
Thanks for doing that for me, really appreciate it! Sorry I'm an idiot, I didnt think about the fact that I you had to be logged in over there to see them.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
It doesn't look horrible...the VE table won't come out very smooth no matter what you do. As long as DFCO is disabled, deceleration doesn't look bad, and is pretty hard to tune no matter what.
Thanks, I was confused about it because if you've ever seen foff67's (Bill Henn AKA the tuning doctor) VE table in the SD tuning section of the HPT help file, his is perfectly smooth. Mine looks like the grand canyon compared to his. I did notice the car ran like a scalded ape in SD mode while I was tuning the MAF.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by WS6HUMMER
Thanks, I was confused about it because if you've ever seen foff67's (Bill Henn AKA the tuning doctor) VE table in the SD tuning section of the HPT help file, his is perfectly smooth. Mine looks like the grand canyon compared to his. I did notice the car ran like a scalded ape in SD mode while I was tuning the MAF.
Some people take the time to smooth theirs out...I, on the other hand, don't. It doesn't look horrible, but mine naturally has some peaks and valleys that I think are just inherent to the effects of the intake manifold/head design on airflow.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:28 PM
10 Second Club

Some people take the time to smooth theirs out...I, on the other hand, don't. It doesn't look horrible, but mine naturally has some peaks and valleys that I think are just inherent to the effects of the intake manifold/head design on airflow.
I blended/smothed the surrounding cells but the jagged part of my table is right in the middle of the AFR error% that is corrected. As I understand it I cant change those cells in the middle because if I do it will throw everything off again. Honestly though I'm gonna continue to run a MAF anyway so the VE table tune dosent affect much right? From what I've gathered getting a MAF car to perform is all in the accuracy of the MAF tune. The onlything I'm not real sure about is since I tuned my VE table last weekend will this throw off all the MAF error % since I'm using a VE table in SD mode that I tuned a week ago in totaly different weather conditions?
Old 12-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I blended/smothed the surrounding cells but the jagged part of my table is right in the middle of the AFR error% that is corrected. As I understand it I cant change those cells in the middle because if I do it will throw everything off again. Honestly though I'm gonna continue to run a MAF anyway so the VE table tune dosent affect much right? From what I've gathered getting a MAF car to perform is all in the accuracy of the MAF tune. The onlything I'm not real sure about is since I tuned my VE table last weekend will this throw off all the MAF error % since I'm using a VE table in SD mode that I tuned a week ago in totaly different weather conditions?
You should be fine tuning in the different conditions...as long as a week ago it wasn't 100* with 0% humidity, and this week is 20* with 85% humidity Even then, I don't know that it would matter much. Mine doesn't vary much with the weather around here, and I run open loop, SD, which people would think would vary. It drives the same and has the same basic AFRs when it is 20* outside as when it is in the 60s (we've had both lately).
Old 12-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

And here's mine for reference:

Mine really needs the peaks and valleys there for how I have it tuned (SD/Open Loop)...otherwise, the AFR is too far out of whack.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:00 AM
10 Second Club

And here's mine for reference:

Mine really needs the peaks and valleys there for how I have it tuned (SD/Open Loop)...otherwise, the AFR is too far out of whack.
I wish mine looked that good, maybe because my car's a 99 with 2 VE tables and a stock 99 OS it has to look as weird as it does. Are you 1 bar SD or 02 stock OS just in SD mode permanantly?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

Here's mine. I have a nice little mountain range going on.

Old 12-19-2006, 04:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TSDuke
Here's mine. I have a nice little mountain range going on.
I noticed that alot of you have VE tables that are tuned in the higher RPM range, why is this? Is it because these cars are tuned specificly for SD or have the LTFT ranges been moved to higher RPMs? Is this something I need to do even though I plan on running a MAF? My AFR error% dosent go beyond the LTFT max set range of 2800 RPMs.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I wish mine looked that good, maybe because my car's a 99 with 2 VE tables and a stock 99 OS it has to look as weird as it does. Are you 1 bar SD or 02 stock OS just in SD mode permanantly?
I am 1-bar SD, but it wouldn't make any difference for me since my 2002 OS only has one VE table to begin with. Just kinda have it for grins and the use of both high and low octane spark tables. VE vs. TPS vs. RPM multiplier is kinda fun to mess with too.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:57 AM
10 Second Club

I am 1-bar SD, but it wouldn't make any difference for me since my 2002 OS only has one VE table to begin with. Just kinda have it for grins and the use of both high and low octane spark tables. VE vs. TPS vs. RPM multiplier is kinda fun to mess with too.
Thanks for the input, my year has both spark tables also, I think if I had your OS I'd go 1 bar SD also. The main reason I want to stay MAF is because I occasionally shoot some juice through my motor and I like that the MAF corrects the fueling for the weather variations. I may go SD 1 bar yet though, I'm still learning about it and dont know all the pro's and cons.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:10 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I've had a surprising amount of luck with weather changes on my SD tune. It never gets very far out of whack at all...but being open loop, I had to retune my car when we got the oxygenated winter gas around here. Kinda interesting to me, but a pain to have to retune nonetheless.