Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

CCW SP500s

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CCW SP500s

Looking to see what my 02 SS would look like with these wheels and if so black with a chrome lip?????
Old 12-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think anyone else out there has these rims...if you hurry, you could be the first

Old 12-18-2006, 09:05 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

your famous lol
Old 12-18-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to hijack, but I got to say, MeentSS02, your car is the one that convinced me along with a friends advice to get the SP500s
Old 12-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by Y2K Pewter SS
Sorry to hijack, but I got to say, MeentSS02, your car is the one that convinced me along with a friends advice to get the SP500s

And I'm gonna say that it may not have been the best choice...everywhere you park it, you are gonna wonder if someone is gonna jack your wheels

Old 12-19-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
And I'm gonna say that it may not have been the best choice...everywhere you park it, you are gonna wonder if someone is gonna jack your wheels

Garage queen for me, driven very little. Did you pay the $60 for their locking lugnuts, I didn't see the need
Old 12-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Garage queen for me, driven very little. Did you pay the $60 for their locking lugnuts, I didn't see the need
Nope...I just use Gorillas on mine. For now, mine is my daily driver (which is why I just had snow tires mounted on my old chrome ZR1s), so I kinda worry about people messing with it. Oh well...price you gotta pay.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

hell i work with pewterSS boy and i've only seem they damn thing a hand full of times......those wheels are going to look sick P.....Will be hard to check them out in the rear view but i'll try
Old 12-19-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nope...I just use Gorillas on mine. For now, mine is my daily driver (which is why I just had snow tires mounted on my old chrome ZR1s), so I kinda worry about people messing with it. Oh well...price you gotta pay.
I understand what you mean, I bought me a beater a while back and then garaged it before I bought high dollar wheels. I am keeping my Z06 wheels for situations I don't want to roll the CCWs either. I do want to thank you for all the help though
Old 12-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I understand what you mean, I bought me a beater a while back and then garaged it before I bought high dollar wheels. I am keeping my Z06 wheels for situations I don't want to roll the CCWs either. I do want to thank you for all the help though
Not a problem...although I'm sure your bank account is gonna be hurting. Mine is

Good idea keeping your other rims...I was going to sell my ZR1s, and almost did, but the guy backed out at the last minute. It kept me from having to buy more rims for the winter tires I now need since I moved from Florida to Ohio
Old 12-19-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

True story, I paid more for my CCWs than I did my 200k mile 1991 Honda Accord beater

Ya, the bank account squeeled some with that bill

Do you have any more pics up close of the wheels/tires that you could possibly email me, if not no big deal.

Again thanks for the help

Not a problem...although I'm sure your bank account is gonna be hurting. Mine is

Good idea keeping your other rims...I was going to sell my ZR1s, and almost did, but the guy backed out at the last minute. It kept me from having to buy more rims for the winter tires I now need since I moved from Florida to Ohio
Old 12-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

True story, I paid more for my CCWs than I did my 200k mile 1991 Honda Accord beater

Ya, the bank account squeeled some with that bill

Do you have any more pics up close of the wheels/tires that you could possibly email me, if not no big deal.

Again thanks for the help
Basically, what you see on my FQuick.com site is all I've got. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to picture taking, and it is cold as hell right now outside
Old 12-20-2006, 11:39 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Meent, how difficult is it keeping the 500s clean on a daily driver? What kind of polish and towels/Powerball/etc do you use? Are you running any kind of protectant like Zoop Seal or Rejex on them? If you could fill me in a little on what you use and how you use it I'd appreciate it. About to take the CCW plunge on a set for my GTO and want to know what I'm getting myself into.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by josh99ta
Meent, how difficult is it keeping the 500s clean on a daily driver? What kind of polish and towels/Powerball/etc do you use? Are you running any kind of protectant like Zoop Seal or Rejex on them? If you could fill me in a little on what you use and how you use it I'd appreciate it. About to take the CCW plunge on a set for my GTO and want to know what I'm getting myself into.
Actually, they are so hard to care for on a daily driver that I don't daily drive them anymore. I stopped daily driving them just after I got them and went back to my chrome ZR1s once I realized how easily they stained. Never again will I buy a polished rim that goes on a daily driver. They are off the car for the winter now (since I got my new winter tires mounted on my ZR1s), and I'm working on getting them chromed. I never did try Zoop Seal, but it sounded like a PITA to use, so I just didn't want to do it. Maybe having them cleared would have helped...not sure.

At first, it is easy to convince yourself that "polishing isn't so bad." But there are a ton of nooks and crannies, even in a wheel like this, that makes it a PITA, plus there is a LOT of area to cover with the fully polished barrels. Then you pull out your drill with a buff ball, and the drill slips and dings your nice rims. Then the sandpaper comes out. Ugh.

I'm hoping the chrome eases the pain some, but it is not cheap at all. In all, I will have spent way too much on this mod.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:31 PM

Definitely not what I wanted to hear. I know how crappy my old wheels on my Trans Am were to deal with. They weren't high polished, just a dull cheap polish on a cheap wheel, but they stained bad anytime it rained. I'm hoping the higher quality wheel will hold the polish better and not stain as bad as well as be easier to clean.

Checking on iForged pricing now to see if I can pick up something comparable from them for around the same price. May have whatever I get from either company chromed right from the get go. Seems to be the way to go. The only thing I dont like about that is if anything ever happens to the wheels like scratches or pitting there is no saving the wheels. They'd have to be completely rechromed. Whereas with polished you can fix the finish on a polished wheel.

I'd even consider painting the barrels on mine black to not have to deal with polishing it too because I know I'd neglect it and it would look like crap.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:34 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Hey man...I just tell it like it is. I hear ya on not being able to save the wheels should they ever get scratched and such...it is not a fun compromise to have to make, especially when this much money is involved.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine aren't iForged or anything, but they are fully polished and they aren't bad to care for. I drove in a down poor 2 days ago and they got filthy but cleaned up nicely with some soap and water and then a few sprays of windex when I got back from the car wash. I polish them every week, about 10 mins per wheel to get them looking good.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I wish it only took 10 minutes per wheel to polish mine...it takes more like 2 hours per wheel with the polished barrels.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:45 PM

How do you maintain the polished barrels Meent? Do you do it while they are on the car?

If I do go polished I'm going to have to get some Zoop Seal or something to protect the barrels. I'm not reaching in there every single time I wash the car and scrubbing my fingers skinless trying to get it to shine. I'd more prefer a few times a year to do a full polish and in between just wipe the barrels down inside with some glass cleaner or possibly something with a bit more "bite" but something I can just wipe down with a rag in between full polishes.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I just polish them up with them off the car...it is easier that way. I can get in there to clean them while they are on the car pretty easily, but definitely not to polish. I've tried lots of different polishes, and I've had the best luck with English custom polishes, but that stuff is expensive.