Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Can anyone define the fitting on a stock LS1 tank?

Old 12-19-2006, 03:26 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can anyone define the fitting on a stock LS1 tank?

I need some help defining the fittings and explaining there function...
One of these two marked fittings has to go, to make place for my fuelfiller tube.
I understand number 1 is the vent for the tank. But can you guys tell what number 2 is?

THANKS

Peter
Old 12-20-2006, 02:13 AM
Launching!

Oké guys
After some search I found out number 1 is evap and the other, number 2, is connected to a lose hose, which is pointing down.

Is the number 1 enhough for venting the tank? I could add a screw in overpressure valve from a boat tank somewhere.

Or can I better leave the evap out?

Please help...

Peter

One needs to go!
Old 12-20-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I vote for #2. I would leave the evap unhooked if it was me, and put a tip over valve on it, and a long tube up under and high up underneath, with a lightly oiled filter. Obviously you cant use the stock filler huh. I just am in the process of doing this with the evap myself after searching and pming people that have done it and know their stuff. Ive heard people say both ways about the fumes associated with it, but a lot of credible ones are mostly saying its negligible. By the way thanks for your pic it helped me alot in my project, as my car is miles away and I had to wait to see it all week and needed to order the tip over parts and other stuff, it helped me, along with that other guys post in this section. This site and the people on it are invaluable. I have used it for years before I even registered. Sorry I didn't post faster but I wasn't sure. Boone

Last edited by BOONE; 12-20-2006 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:42 AM
Launching!

Thanks for your answers man! Great, #2 has to go.
I will try and find a good tipover-/ overpressure valve, any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter
Old 12-22-2006, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey pj, I ordered the tip over valve Part #sum-G3115 at 27.99 from summit they also have one at 17.95 part # RCI7021A. These can be setup with a line in and out to a filter they are -8 in and out. female and male. I know they are obviously directional, but I didn't order anything else yet as I'm not sure exactly how I will hook it up. I will probably leave the line coming off the middle of the fuel pump assembly. I will remove the charcoal canister altogether and the associated elec stuff and cut and heat shrink it and of course have my programmer delete it. The large line that pushes on in the pic from the left to the right I will take off and that is where I will run the line out to the tip over. Im going to run fuel tubing to the place where its going, then fab a mount and coil the line up for some length and hang the coil from some tabs, and the tip over from a mount vertically. Let me know what happens, and what you find out if you would, if you get ahead of me, as Im probably slower than you, and I will do the same. OK... BOONE Hope this works out good for you.

Last edited by BOONE; 12-22-2006 at 04:01 AM.

Search this Thread