Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, It's my turn..tranny problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 02:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, It's my turn..tranny problems

Ok well My friend borrowed my car from work and went about 5 miles away to a home complex, was gone for aobut an hour and comes back on foot. So I borrow one of my empoyee's cars to run out to mine and my car goes like this.

P- goes fine, even reves like normal
R- I only went like 5mph in reverse-everything seemed good
N-same as park
D-first shift seems fine at first, but then when it goes into second it bangs around sounds like ***** breaking then my tires lock up like im slamming on the breaks.
OD-seems ok untill second then it starts bogging down like Im hitting the breaks, no bangs or clunks just goes up to 50k revs
D2-same as OD
D1-Best drives, no lock ups no banging, goes up to 25mph before it stops and just revs up

Anyhow this just about sums it up so...I think ima go car shopping tomarrow
Old 12-21-2006, 04:01 AM
Launching!

why would you buy a new car because of a tranny issue? why dont you go tranny shopping? just my .02
Old 12-21-2006, 07:23 AM
Launching!

car is old and im tired of stupid crap going on with it. But if I cant get into a new car then I will go tranny shopping I guess...
Old 12-21-2006, 08:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Yes it definatly will be needing a trans, And unless you planning on giving the car away you will have to get it fixed before you can sell it or trade it for much of anything.
Let us know if we can help

Call 888-744-6542

Old 12-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Launching!

yeah Im not good in the buying a new car thing, looks like my age wrecked me...anyhow I found a good tranny for 450 hopfully that will end my problems...
Old 12-21-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so you wanna get rid of your car b/c its old and the tranny is shot? that makes sense but i have to ask, what kinda car do you drive?

cause i dont care how old my LS1 gets or if the tranny goes im still not gonna ditch it. but thats my .02
Old 12-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Launching!

I drive a 96 Lt1 camaro Z28, its not that i dont like the car, I love it, infact i teared up when I found out she was busted, but I really need a newer car just to have...just in case..ya know and if I was going to buy one it'll be a vette or a GTO, anyhow Im getting her checked out at the local camaroand firebird place and got a new tranny to go into her...could of done the swap myself but Im not really that experianced in autos so Im paying them to do the swap...hopfully thats the only problem I have with it...found out my friend was throwing some 5k revs up in neutral then slamming it into drive...so Im a throw my foot up his *** next time I see him...
Old 12-21-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattt you let your friend borrow your car and he did neutural slams? the dumbest thing you could possibly do? does your friend have a drivers license? god damn you sound like a good friend because i would have hunted him down and knocked his lights out as soon as i heard that
Old 12-21-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fuel_junkie
I drive a 96 Lt1 camaro Z28, its not that i dont like the car, I love it, infact i teared up when I found out she was busted, but I really need a newer car just to have...just in case..ya know and if I was going to buy one it'll be a vette or a GTO, anyhow Im getting her checked out at the local camaroand firebird place and got a new tranny to go into her...could of done the swap myself but Im not really that experianced in autos so Im paying them to do the swap...hopfully thats the only problem I have with it...found out my friend was throwing some 5k revs up in neutral then slamming it into drive...so Im a throw my foot up his *** next time I see him...

Oh no way!! that is some bullshit, i would kill someone if they did that to my car.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*** whoopin, fully built & stalled Trans (level 5 FLT, VIGGED!!), paid in full by said "*** Clown", and maybe he retains the use of his small toe...on his left foot...
all other limbs/Extremities rendered useless .. What a F'in JerkOFF....
Old 12-22-2006, 01:06 AM
Launching!

Well I got the new tranny for a good deal 400 bucks for a barely used one (19k miles) and the labor was around 250 and I had $500 that I made him give me before I handed my keys to him and he said that he wasnt going to act stupid, SO when I found out my car was busted I kept the $500 and he got all pissed like he wanted to do something but I said "wtf did you think the 500 was for, for me to hold so you could break my F***ing car..he didnt say anything after that and Im going to make sure he gets that other $150 to me otherwise, he might just be eating out of a straw for the next couple of weeks if ya catch my drift...
Old 12-22-2006, 01:16 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by logo_craig
Oh no way!! that is some bullshit, i would kill someone if they did that to my car.
Sorry off topic here......

How long u been in lubbock? I dont think ive ever seen ur car.....u ever go to the get togethers?
Old 12-22-2006, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fuel_junkie
Well I got the new tranny for a good deal 400 bucks for a barely used one (19k miles) and the labor was around 250 and I had $500 that I made him give me before I handed my keys to him and he said that he wasnt going to act stupid, SO when I found out my car was busted I kept the $500 and he got all pissed like he wanted to do something but I said "wtf did you think the 500 was for, for me to hold so you could break my F***ing car..he didnt say anything after that and Im going to make sure he gets that other $150 to me otherwise, he might just be eating out of a straw for the next couple of weeks if ya catch my drift...
Coo.... Now U Got Me Thinking About The Next Time I Let My Friends Take My Baby For A Spin....
Old 12-22-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GT Griller
Sorry off topic here......

How long u been in lubbock? I dont think ive ever seen ur car.....u ever go to the get togethers?

I have lived in Lubbock my whole life... lol

I usually dont go to any GTG b/c i dont ever get on racelubbock.com so i dont know when they are, but we are trying to have a GTG sometime during the break. there is a thread about it in the 'Texas Section'.....are you here for the break?
Old 12-22-2006, 01:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by logo_craig
I have lived in Lubbock my whole life... lol

I usually dont go to any GTG b/c i dont ever get on racelubbock.com so i dont know when they are, but we are trying to have a GTG sometime during the break. there is a thread about it in the 'Texas Section'.....are you here for the break?
Na im back home for the break.....but its only about 1.5 hour drive..lol
Old 12-22-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GT Griller
Na im back home for the break.....but its only about 1.5 hour drive..lol
haha well if you feel like taking a little drive to Lubbock shoot me a PM...

do you know of any back highways between Hereford and Lubbock that we could go cruise maybe get some good runs in and maybe take some pics?

- Logan
Old 12-22-2006, 06:17 PM
12 Second Club

I dont know of any that are close....385 is perfect smooth wide road, but thats a good 30 minutes away, my pcm is at TSP right now getting tuned and i dont think ill get it back till the middle of next week, or else i would make the trip.