LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

new motor problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new motor problem

I just got my motor built and installed in my car. I picked it up and drove it home then took it to get an exhaust leak fixed then back home. When i got home i look at the OPTI and the mechanic didnt put a vaccum on the vent. I put it on and drove it today and it started cuting out on the power. Then it died completely and i down shifted to start it back up but it wouldn't stay running then it made a spinning sound sort of high pitched after the motor died. Is the OPTI trashed or is it somthing else? The motor wont start now but it turns over fine and has fuel.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Regular

I would call the builder and installer of the motor and find out WTF happened. You may have killed the rotor in the opti and caused it to break off inside and that would be why your not getting any fire. Did you check for spark?
Old 12-22-2006, 12:55 AM
Teching In

not yet, i'll try that in the morning. what could cause the rotor to break off? It is a stock aftermarket OPTI fro O'reils with an MSD cap and rotor.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:56 AM
TECH Regular

every part in the world has a bad piece that comes off the line. It is a matter of what you get. I would suspect more that it was something like the opti spun the bearing or something more than a broken rotor.