Sponsored by: DashLynx

GFX Haters You're Going to Love This

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 09:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GFX Haters You're Going to Love This

Open Letter to GFX Haters:

It seems there is an ongoing trend here that no matter what the thread is about, if there are gfx and/or anything but a stock spoiler on a car, some of you feel the urge to post "Lose the gfx" or "lose the spoiler".

This may surprise you, but people that have had these items painted and in many cases molded to their cars actually like them and have spent a decent amount of time/effort/$ having them installed. They weren't stuck on there by vandals in the middle of the night, they are intentional.

Although it is much safer and comfortable to be a sheep and have your car look exactly like every other Camaro on the road, you'll have to come to terms with some of us want our cars to look different. Everyone has their own tastes, get used to it.

So next time someone posts a "took some new pics today" thread and you feel the need to jump in like a trained chimp and make your moronic suggestions, don't waste your time. WE GET IT - YOU DON'T LIKE THEM. And we don't care.

Thanks for your time.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well your correct except, most of the time people post to get opinions and ask what people think. Im sure there wouldnt be a problem if the poster said please do not reply to this thread anyone i dont want your opinions im just showing everyone.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

GFX rules....
Old 12-22-2006, 09:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

So next time someone posts a "took some new pics today" thread and you feel the need to jump in like a trained chimp and make your moronic suggestions, don't waste your time. WE GET IT - YOU DON'T LIKE THEM. And we don't care.
Thats true. Of course everytime you post a pic and ask for opinions your opening yourself to the possiblity of idiots to say what they please. I
f you look closely to those who say such things as "get rid of the GFX" or lower it" etc....you will find they are mostly repeating arguments brought forward by higher post number members. A significant amount of these chimps are known for senseless criticizing other rides when, 1) Yours look possibly better than theirs, 2)they think their ride is the "****".....
Now there has been some serious ugly turds been shown here so for those.......I only have compassion.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

If they didn't care they wouldn't post pictures of their car in a public forum. Anything purposely displayed in a public forum is a request for feedback, regardless of whether or not that request is stated explicitly.

Josh
Old 12-22-2006, 09:29 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Josh
If they didn't care they wouldn't post pictures of their car in a public forum. Anything purposely displayed in a public forum is a request for feedback, regardless of whether or not that request is stated explicitly.

Josh
Wrong. If I post a thread "what do you think of my new wheels" and you post "lose the gfx", that is unwanted and idiotic.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Trans Am owners don't really have a choice, we are stuck with them regardless! As far as how I feel about GFX on Firebirds and Camaros, I like them if they are tastefully done. Nothing wrong with aftermarket appearance items!
Old 12-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Launching!

+ 1 for aftermarket..... as long as its done right!
Old 12-22-2006, 09:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, and to each his own, but if they are asking for opinions, they're going to get them. But yes its dumb in a wheels post for someone to say something about the GFX

Originally Posted by TechCam97
Trans Am owners don't really have a choice, we are stuck with them regardless! As far as how I feel about GFX on Firebirds and Camaros, I like them if they are tastefully done. Nothing wrong with aftermarket appearance items!
No joke, and I like my GFX, big fog lights, needless openings in the bumper and vents on the side that are by no means functional for anything!
Old 12-22-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

mako22, just a thought, I went to your website and looked at your camaro and I really like it! That's the spoiler I wanted for my Z28. The only thing I would do differently is put some Chrome ZR1's instead of the silver ones. Chrome just sets off NBM so much better IMO! Looks awesome though, I'd drive it!
Old 12-22-2006, 10:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

people can say whatever they want, no need to get worked up over a comment over the internet
Old 12-22-2006, 10:09 AM
Launching!

It'll be OK, Walter. Those that make comments are just jealous

The only gfx I dislike ALOT are the stockers (Sport Appearance Pkge), with the bucktooth opening where there's nothing in the middle up front... just looks unfinished. Yours isn't that
Old 12-22-2006, 10:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TechCam97
mako22, just a thought, I went to your website and looked at your camaro and I really like it! That's the spoiler I wanted for my Z28. The only thing I would do differently is put some Chrome ZR1's instead of the silver ones. Chrome just sets off NBM so much better IMO! Looks awesome though, I'd drive it!
Thanks! Way ahead of ya - just got some black zr1's (315's)
Attached Thumbnails GFX Haters You're Going to Love This-tech1.jpg   GFX Haters You're Going to Love This-techangle.jpg   GFX Haters You're Going to Love This-techside.jpg  
Old 12-22-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mako22
Thanks! Way ahead of ya - just got some black zr1's (315's)
Oh yea, those look much better!
Old 12-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by 98SuperSport
people can say whatever they want, no need to get worked up over a comment over the internet
I agree 100%. This is a site full of thousands of different people with all kinds of different tastes and views. If you are stupid enough to put up pics of your car and ask for ANY type of opinions guess what...you will get what you asked for and usually lots MORE!

People are entitled to whatever opinion they want, just because they have a different opinion than you and you cant take the criticism, does not make it "idiotic" although it could be unwanted, it is still just a comment.

If you cant take the fact that not everyone in the world will tell you only what you want to hear, then do your self a favor, don't post up pics or questions.

BTW, the only GFX that need to be on a Camaro is the rear lower valance for CME! See that...that is just an OPINION!

Awwwwww, did that hurt your wittle cars feelings?
Old 12-22-2006, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
Awwwwww, did that hurt your wittle cars feelings?
Yeah that's it.

You can be an intelligent contributer to a thread, or a repetitive, unproductive jackass that goes on and on about the same damn thing every time someone posts a pic.

Sure, you can post whatever you want - just know you are wasting your time - and everyone elses. That's the point. Got it?
Old 12-22-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Stop crying. People ask for other people's opinions to see what everyone else thinks, they can respond with: "looks good" or "that looks like total ****". It's your car do what you like and don't get all butt hurt when people disagree with you on what looks good/bad. IMO GFX look like ****, the only piece that I do like is the CME for Camaros, anything else
Old 12-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by mako22
Yeah that's it.

You can be an intelligent contributer to a thread, or a repetitive, unproductive jackass that goes on and on about the same damn thing every time someone posts a pic.

Sure, you can post whatever you want - just know you are wasting your time - and everyone elses. That's the point. Got it?

If it is such a waste of your precious time, then why did you start a thread about it? hmmmmm

But yeah, I "got it". Thanks for enlightening me!
Old 12-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Banned

Got..... GFX?
Old 12-22-2006, 10:49 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JerseyLS1TA
Stop crying. People ask for other people's opinions to see what everyone else thinks, they can respond with: "looks good" or "that looks like total ****". It's your car do what you like and don't get all butt hurt when people disagree with you on what looks good/bad. IMO GFX look like ****, the only piece that I do like is the CME for Camaros, anything else
No one's crying homeboy. I'm not telling you what you can and can't post. But you should be smart enough to realize that people aren't going to "lose" a major component of their car because you don't like it. So what's the point of typing it at all - do just like to see your words on the screen? Post count?

It's redundant and played out. Move on.

Quick Reply: GFX Haters You're Going to Love This