Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built 4L60E problems Opinions wanted.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 03:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Built 4L60E problems Opinions wanted.

Ok, I had my 4l60e built by a shop in my state. They did clutches, sunshell, billet servo, and a few other things. I believe the only parts not altered were the valve body, planetaries, and pump. They also gave me a 3000 stall with this. The brand was ACC. I paid about $1200 for everything, and I did the removing and installing. The first time I put the new transmission in the case cracked right under the governer. I took it back to the shop with a case I found and had the guts swapped. We installed it again. It ran ok at normal driving. If you get to a roll (30+), and put it at WOT the car just peggs the limiter. After about 3 weeks of being in the car I lose the ability to use 3rd and 4th. That was my original problem on my stock transmission. What could be my problem? My car had been tuned before I bought it, but I do not know who did it. The shop wants me to bring the entire car to them. The problem with that is the shop is clear on the other side of the state. What would you do in my situation. After gas costs and trips made I've put a little over 2k into this project. What should I do?
Old 12-24-2006, 03:49 PM
12 Second Club

Ur tranny wasnt built right...sounds like it slips as soon as u punch it.....If u have already paid them for the tranny then i would want them to do it right...Gonna have to work something out with the shop cause its obviously the tranny that has the problem.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

As of right now the car cannot be driven because of it only having two working gears.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

Oh and the car would vibrate very bad in the higher rpms untill it shifted.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:28 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well there are several possibilitys but the two that stand out most would be a PCS (presure control solinoid) failure or a TPS possiblity , Have you had it scanned for codes ?
But really your best bet is to deal with them Im sure after you have had a couple problems they may just want to make sure theres no underlying cause , With the 4L60E of course it sounds like you have a mechanical failure now burned clutches ect , But also with any electronic trans the possibility exsist that theres a contributing problem thats not in the trans itself.
Did you post up any when you first got it back we may have been able to be more help then , But the codes if present even now might be helpfull

Call 888-744-6542

Old 12-24-2006, 04:55 PM
12 Second Club

The SES light hasn't been coming on or anything. I know the car had been tuned to keep the light from coming on after the headers and trueduals had been installed. I'm just starting to not want to put any more money into the 4l60e. I'm almost at the point of being able to have bought a th400 or even almost the 6speed swap.