Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bought an EWP, having second thoughts though...

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question bought an EWP, having second thoughts though...

hey guys I bought a new Meziere EWP in RED...it really is beautiful, almost hate to install it, you never see it tucked away!

However, I am having second thoughts now, should I install it on my NON DD SS, or sell it and potentially save some hassel in the future with cooling problems, failure, wiring issues etc? It was a chunk of change and It may not be worth it for my car...?!?!

Thanks
Erik
Old 12-25-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yours is the same color as mine.its the highlight visually under my hood, looks better then my fast intake and rails together, idk why you couldnt see it, mines visible all the time just cant see all of it with the air filter on. if its non dd what are you worried about, when i put mine on it was a noticible difference, i could feel the power that was free'd. of course its alil expensive for the amount you gain , but thats the way with just about everything on an ls1. the wiring is cake if you dont add a switch to turn it on yourself( mines on when the accesory's are on). if moneys that tight andyou need to sell it;sell it .. but its one of the purchases im pleased with for the price- cant say that about too many things on my car.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Resident

Keep it. I can tell a bit of difference in power too, and it keeps the engine much cooler. Also, if you wanna take it to the track, you can add a switch to the wiring and keep it on all the time during staging lanes to keep it cool.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

sweet
money is not the issue really...i mean im by no means spoiled...i saved for 3 years for my goods...BUT, i try and make wise decisions..making a few mistakes here and there...I dont feel that this was a mistake, I just want to verify the cause before I start splicing
Also, I noticed on the back of the STOCKER that there was some small orange gaskets that you can remove...are these left over from the old gaskets, or do I use the NEW gaskets I bought with the head/cam swap gasket kit in addition to these smaller orange rings/squares...i know this is a dumb ?, but I dont see how the rubber gaskets would separate from the body of the gasket in the first place...

thanks a lot!
E
Old 12-26-2006, 12:15 AM
TECH Resident

hmm... keep those orange ones on there unless u have new ones. When i did the swap, i just got 2 new gaskets from autozone and put em on. The write up is at ls1howto.com Thats by far the best write up ive ever seen.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:18 AM
TECH Addict

yeah i have the write up for sure, and i have new gaskets...ill figure that out...
my next issue was the 160* thermostat

I bought one from Speed Inc, its a Mr. Gasket...unscred the black inlet tube, and when i placed it down in the hole it didnt want to fit flush...i dunno??

So I went and bought one from Summit that looked identical to the one used in the write up..we shall see...it has something to do with the base of the stat...it didnt clear part of the inside of the pump...did you run into that prob?
Erik
Old 12-26-2006, 04:37 AM
TECH Resident

I did not. I got a hypertech 160 thermo that came with the pump. Did the drill mod and works perfect for me. however, make sure when u do get the thermo to fit and screw the black inlet hose, make sure u screw it back in flush. When i screwed it back in and reinstalled everything and started the car, coolant went everywhere, lol. So i had to do it all over again and make sure it was flush.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

id use the newer style water pump gaskets. the orange ones are stock desing and fall aprart easy, the black ones are one peice. id recomend putting your bolts through your water pump off the car then getting some blue rtv silicone and stick the gaskets to the pump with alil silicone around the outside of the gaskets, then let it dry alil, makes it alot easier to install the water pump as the gaskets wanna fall down if there not siliconed.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

thats exactly what I did, piece O cake

oh yeah i decided to keep!