View Full Version : 490 HP 455 TQ 06 Zo6 tune inside....

SPRSPT
12-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Tuned our Zo6 today....
Only mods:
Callaway CAI
Removed Exhaust Fuse
Our Esp Tune

Baseline was 446 HP and 423 TQ
Uncorrected was 507 HP and 472 TQ

SAE Graph below....

pdd
12-27-2006, 04:14 PM
holy shit thats nice :)

SSilverSSurfer
12-27-2006, 04:15 PM
nice work, you cant help but drool at that nice tq curve

mike c.
12-27-2006, 04:21 PM
i wonder what it would look like on a mustang dyno?

Patrick G
12-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Amazing! Stock cam, stock exhaust and nearly 500 rwhp. Gotta love those LS7s. :hail:

93ChevExt5.7
12-27-2006, 05:37 PM
yeah - gotta love those stock LS7's. But from what I'm seeing get brought back into the dealership.....ugly - no comparison in quality of the LS1 - http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1550185. Yep, I'll come out and say it.....come on - let's watch the flames lick at me!! Those tunes better be good, but the engines have to be up to it as well..

thechef
12-27-2006, 06:34 PM
yeah - gotta love those stock LS7's. But from what I'm seeing get brought back into the dealership.....ugly - no comparison in quality of the LS1 - http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1550185. Yep, I'll come out and say it.....come on - let's watch the flames lick at me!! Those tunes better be good, but the engines have to be up to it as well..

well im not to sure why you posted that for people to see, that guy had his issues with a shop in NY and looks like he is at Cartek now they will get him running right im sure :chug:

anyhow we are not worried with kens vette or Kens tuning so no worries here :drive:
the ESP C6Z is awesome and i can wait to see it make more power as the mods follow :)

93ChevExt5.7
12-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Don't get the message wrong, the problem wasn't the tune, if you notice, they speak of the bearings which came from the vender - which reportedly was coming from the same line as the LS7 was being rolled off from.

Please don't put "words" into my post. I'm not aiming at a Sponsor. My concern was centered around the engine - NOT how a bad tune could bust it....

lomaximumta
12-27-2006, 09:17 PM
sick numbers...I still want a ride in the beast!!!!

unit213
12-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Those cars are insane. :eek2:

bad95killer
12-28-2006, 02:04 AM
Damn ya almost across the 500rwhp line :eek2:

Nice job guys & keep it up .

peace

Roy V.
12-31-2006, 09:33 AM
Sweet torque curve!!

allngn_c5
12-31-2006, 09:50 AM
No wonder my h/c full bolton (minus 90/90) couldn't hang with Fadi's beast.

Your car must pull like a freight train. 400+ rwtq from 3500-6500 Holy smokes.

BlackScreaminMachine
01-03-2007, 09:25 AM
:eek2: ThWhen I do my cam, and possibly heads and get low-mid 400 rwhp, that car is still going to scare the shit out of me. I guess I have to pony up to n2o just to keep up for a tuned, but otherwise stock c6 z06 :eek

allngn_c5
01-03-2007, 11:49 AM
:eek2: ThWhen I do my cam, and possibly heads and get low-mid 400 rwhp, that car is still going to scare the shit out of me. I guess I have to pony up to n2o just to keep up for a tuned, but otherwise stock c6 z06 :eek

You are gonna need a shot to run with the Z bro, or more cam and better heads.

Sean Collins
01-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Tuned our Zo6 today....
Only mods:
Callaway CAI
Removed Exhaust Fuse
Our Esp Tune

SAE Graph below....

How do you possiably end up with more output at the tire then the engine in its stock configuration is even capable of generating at the flywheel. I have meet a few of the calibrators at tech seminars and I get the impression that GM hardly left squat on the table for HP. Factoring in a 45hp dirvetrian optimistcally the best you could hope to acheive 5-10hp ( assuming of course you actually have more talent/resources then the 20-30 man calibration crew at GM) a modest gain. the only thing you might be able to influence would be the TQ management on shifts. I am calling straight BS on this. Not possiable.

BlackScreaminMachine
01-03-2007, 01:47 PM
You are gonna need a shot to run with the Z bro, or more cam and better heads.

Ive seen quite of few bolt on, cam only, tune 02 m6 cars putting down 380-420 rwhp depending on the cam choice and the skill of the tuner. To a minor degree the car could be a freak or a dud but lets say mine is average. Its done 13.4@ 105, no dyno yet (next month). Lets say I do the lid, bellow, air duct, filter, LT headers (dynatech/qtp/kooks), remove the CAT, Corsa Exhaust and put a decent cam, nothing wild say better then a tr224/224 but milder then a MS3/4/TREX/F14 I would expect with good tune 400 rwhp.

From there I add 150 shot of juice, it should put me to the wheel close to the z06, now I have a big weight issue difference which i can work on but its not going to be near z06 range. I put a 12 bolt on, with suspension, good tires and spray out of the hole, I may stand a chance. Will I lose, probably, but again that is why it scares the shit out of me. Lol

How do you possiably end up with more output at the tire then the engine in its stock configuration is even capable of generating at the flywheel. I have meet a few of the calibrators at tech seminars and I get the impression that GM hardly left squat on the table for HP. Factoring in a 45hp dirvetrian optimistcally the best you could hope to acheive 5-10hp ( assuming of course you actually have more talent/resources then the 20-30 man calibration crew at GM) a modest gain. the only thing you might be able to influence would be the TQ management on shifts. I am calling straight BS on this. Not possiable.

Welp I know quite a few guys over at ESP, either working for the Trucking side or the car side, as well as customers. Ken really works his magic on the dyno. He knows his shit. I am torn when it comes to a dyno tune and for the price 400 i think now with updates costing money if the car hits the dyno rollers is a steal. I have a local guy who knows his shit too but doesnt do that many LS1 cars, he does everything. I would take it to ESP becuase the proof is in the #'s .

lsx24
01-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Talk about some crazy rollons! Wow that thing must be a beast in lower gears if you're driving OR riding in it. Sick tq curve! :drool:

SPRAYED 01
01-03-2007, 04:14 PM
wtf? "Removed Exhaust Fuse" Is that like a muffler bearing. Please explain?

Firehawk441
01-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Nice job ESP!

lt197formula
01-04-2007, 08:26 AM
wtf? "Removed Exhaust Fuse" Is that like a muffler bearing. Please explain?

On the c6 z06s there are valves in the exhaust that direct the exhaust flow through the mufflers below around 3000-3500 rpms, once higher than these that the valve opens to allow the exhaust to flow straight though bypassing the muffler like cutouts. So taking the fuse out causes them to always be open.

Edit: those are some damn nice numbers, man these newer cars are nuts, I'm going to need a 150 shot and a few other little things to be with a stock c6 zo6 :(

SPRAYED 01
01-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Thank you for clearing that up. That is awsome by the way. Great numbers.

SPRSPT
01-05-2007, 09:48 PM

LOL...I photoshopped the Dyno graph. Ya that's it....LOL
Come on bye I will strap the car down and you can see it for your own two eyes....

lomaximumta
01-05-2007, 10:20 PM

This dude needs to learn a thing or two before he speaks and to hit up spellcheck-and-grammar.com....LS1 FBODY's make 305-315 to the wheels bone stock because they under rate them at the factory. Just like the Z06. Please if you think ESP is pulling BS then we can't trust anyone on here :judge:

allngn_c5
01-06-2007, 11:42 PM
LOL...I photoshopped the Dyno graph. Ya that's it....LOL
Come on bye I will strap the car down and you can see it for your own two eyes....

I have had enough run ins with c6 zo6's...........I can totally vouch for the power you say you make.

+100 to you bro, on the fact that you are telling the truth. Keep us updated if you do any other work on her.

allngn_c5
01-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Tuned our Zo6 today....
Only mods:
Callaway CAI
Removed Exhaust Fuse
Our Esp Tune

SAE Graph below....

Throw some LG Pro Longtubes on her watch everything in your rear view get smaller even faster.

SPRSPT
01-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Throw some LG Pro Longtubes on her watch everything in your rear view get smaller even faster.

That is going to be the next mod.....Then possibly a cam and call it a day....We want to see how fast we can go with this set up first on DR's...Then some more modding will happen....

I have had enough run ins with c6 zo6's...........I can totally vouch for the power you say you make.

+100 to you bro, on the fact that you are telling the truth. Keep us updated if you do any other work on her.

And thxs for the backup...Some people should really search before the type...LOL

SPRSPT
01-07-2007, 06:27 PM
This dude needs to learn a thing or two before he speaks and to hit up spellcheck-and-grammar.com....LS1 FBODY's make 305-315 to the wheels bone stock because they under rate them at the factory. Just like the Z06. Please if you think ESP is pulling BS then we can't trust anyone on here :judge:

Thxs for the support Jas..... :)

Ryne @ CMS
01-07-2007, 08:28 PM
all i have to say to you is four words , "Shut the fuck up"

01bird58
01-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Im still amazed everytime LS7 #'s are posted. :eek2: Its gona take a lot of modding to keep up with my little old WS.6 :cry: