Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Driving Light Issue

Old 12-29-2006, 12:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving Light Issue

Since getting our 95 TA back from the paint shop we have been unable to have both the driving lights and headlights operate at the same time. I know that the highbeams turn off the driving lights under normal operation and our car did that before going to the shop.

The problem is as follows.....

- If the driving lights are on the headlights will not come on (high or low beam). Turn the driving lights off and the headlights come on.

Any ideas?
Old 12-29-2006, 01:46 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Umm... How are you turning the driving lights off without turning the headlights off???

The driving lights are in the turnsignals... To turn on JUST the driving lights you turn the **** one click, then for the headlights you continue turning the **** untill it stops and then BOTH (headlights and driving lights) would be on...

In other words they're both off or both on, only in between is to have the driving lights on but not have turned on the headlights... No way to "turn off the driving lights" and then attempt to "turn on the headlights"...

Are you talking about the fog lights???
Old 12-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
.....Are you talking about the fog lights???
Yup..., the Fog Lamps (page 2-52 of the owner's manual).

I called them Driving Lights since they are a white lamp and not a yellow lamp normal to fog lights.

I know how they are to function. They are controlled by the fog lamp switch and will come on when the parking lamps are on. The fog lamps are to go off ONLY when the high beams come on. My problem is that somehow the paint shop messed them up and the headlights (low or high) will not come on at all if the fog lights are on. Its sort of backwards.

I was just trying to see if anyone had any idea how they could of done this before I went about trouble-shooting to find a fix.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:52 AM
On The Tree

not likely but ....

could they have put the switch in backwards?

Or put the wrong bulbs in the wrong place?

That sounds like a short issue somewhere.....that's not allowing a switch somewhere to turn on.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Driving Light Issue