Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie WS6 shock question

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 08:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie WS6 shock question

Are the stock WS6 Trans am shocks any different than the run of the mill Decarbons that I hear so much about sucking real bad?
I'm thinking about going with Eibach pro springs and was wondering if the stock shocks were good enough? Car has about 50,XXX miles.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 01-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Banned

Eibach springs are not good for stock shocks. You want something better on there, like revalved Bilsteins, or better yet, Koni. Talk to Sam at Stranoparts.com for more information and advice on what to buy.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lsx24
Eibach springs are not good for stock shocks. You want something better on there, like revalved Bilsteins, or better yet, Koni. Talk to Sam at Stranoparts.com for more information and advice on what to buy.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:26 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Originally Posted by m-port-h8r
Are the stock WS6 Trans am shocks any different than the run of the mill Decarbons
Nope.

Orange DeCarbons for all LS1 F-bodies. Only way you'd get any sort of upgrade shock from the factory is with the SLP Bilstein package or the 1LE package.

WS6 = same shocks as a Z28/Formula/Trans Am.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Thank you fella's, thats what I sort of thought. For some wierd reason, for the longest time I thought my WS6 had a special handling package (upgraded shocks and springs) I guess it's more appearance than anything else
Then does it have any added benefit other than the Ram Air hood and 17" wheels and looking kick ***? (larger sway bars than stock?) To answer my own questions, I"ll
Just thinking out loud.

I really want to lower it some, 'cause the 4x4 stance is getting too me. I'll have to price out some Konis 'cause they seem to be the popular choice
Old 01-03-2007, 10:56 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Originally Posted by m-port-h8r
Thank you fella's, thats what I sort of thought. For some wierd reason, for the longest time I thought my WS6 had a special handling package (upgraded shocks and springs) I guess it's more appearance than anything else
Then does it have any added benefit other than the Ram Air hood and 17" wheels and looking kick ***? (larger sway bars than stock?) To answer my own questions, I"ll
Just thinking out loud.

I really want to lower it some, 'cause the 4x4 stance is getting too me. I'll have to price out some Konis 'cause they seem to be the popular choice
Suspension wise, the WS6 cars get the larger 1LE 32mm front sway bar (vs 30mm on the other V8s) and of course the 17X9 wheels with lower profile tires.

Some people claim that the earlier WS6 cars ('98/'99 and maybe some early '00 cars) got the 1LE springs as well, but I've personally never seen proof of this. Then again, my WS6 was a late '00 car and I've never owned a '98/'99 WS6 so I can't say for certain on that.