Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch or hydraulic problem??

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 10:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Clutch or hydraulic problem??

Ok so here's the problem i've been having the last couples of weeks. I've noticed that my clutch pedal has felt very strange, picking up very low, doesn't feel as solid as it has latley. Also noticed a great incraese in difficulty to get the car into gear smoothly, basically it feels alot like either the PP is failing or the hydraulics are going to crap. Now the fluid itself I saw in the master cylinder for the clutch was absolutley awfully, looked like black paint! I went ahead and pulled out as much fluid as I could and ran some new fluid in there, felt better for a day or two but it's back to feeling very weak and I'm having the same difficulty with the pedal/shifter. Now it's running the original clutch at 52k miles so, is it common at all for the stock cutch to go out like this at this milleage? Perhaps this is a known issue for these cars? I do have a RAM Powergrip sitting at the house so replacing the clutch isn't an issue, my worrie is that it might be a hydraulic issue so, any advice would be greatly apprieciated!
Old 12-29-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you tried bleeding the system?
Old 12-29-2006, 01:09 PM
12 Second Club

Actually I'm glad you mentioned that, I'm not sure exactly how to bleed this system? I've bled Honda systems with an accessible slave cylinder mupltiple times but I look for a slave or any other kind of bleed screw and I don't see one??
Old 12-29-2006, 05:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its hard to see. Its up in there. Right above the line. Were it plugs in. I think its 11mm. And its real tough. Put the socket on first then the ratchet on the socket. And buy a mity vac from harbor freight 30 bucks. It's awsome once you figure it out.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JRracing
Its hard to see. Its up in there. Right above the line. Were it plugs in. I think its 11mm. And its real tough. Put the socket on first then the ratchet on the socket. And buy a mity vac from harbor freight 30 bucks. It's awsome once you figure it out.

Sounds good, I'll give that a shot