Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine frame bracket

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine frame bracket

Putting an ls1 into a 69 Camaro,pass side motor mount fits fine,the drivers side won't line up. I believe I have the tall & narrow frame bracket and I need the short & wide. Did a search and looked at Yearone couldn't find any part #'s. I think the bracket I need is for a 69 with a 307 correct? Thanks
Old 12-29-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What engine did your car come with?

The 67-69 came with many types for both the BB and SBC. For most of the SBC's for the 67-68 had one listing and also a seperate one for the 69'/Z-28/350. This is due to the short water pump / long water pump different. They changed the mounts to get more room between the radiator shroud and the fan. They changed to a long water pump starting in '68. To keep the engine more forward and away from the Firewall.. I think the Standard 67-68 engine stands might be what you need?

I know ss396.com does list both SBC as well as the BB ones.

By mixing and match and mod' the Engine Stand and engine mount (T/N or S/W, there is only a 1/4" differences between the two inside wides), you can vary the height of the engine by up to 3/4"+.

On my swap, I used the Energy Suspendsion tall and narrow engine mount and use the short/wide engine stand.. but narrowed the stands by 1/2". I was then able to jack the engine back and forth to center the engine where I needed it using spacers. (just mod the engine stand if that is your only problem)

Hope this helps some... good luck.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply, car came with a 350. Motor just seems to sit a little high compared to some of the installs I've seen. I'll take a look at it again tommorrow. Thanks again

Quick Reply: Engine frame bracket