General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

crooked fog light?

Old 12-29-2006, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default crooked fog light?

Hey guys... Fog lights work fine, except for the light pattern that they cast on the road. They are looking something like this:

So yeah... it's geting annoying because the left side of the road is lit up brighter than the right side of the road... Both bulbs are shining the same brightness and the same slanted light pattern.

I went and checked out what kind of adjustments I could make to the fog lamps (2001 Z28 btw) and the only thing i found was an up/down adjustment screw. Do you guys have any ideas how I can correct this? Or is this something i'm kind of stuck with? lol...

Thanks!
Old 12-29-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

you could put taller tires on the passenger side of your car.... I dont know of any adjustments off the top of my head for those but I do know if the bulb socket isnt seated correctly within the housing the beam can get distorted like that on some cars, have you recently changed the bulbs? its possible that the plastic sockets are not fully rotated into position within the housing
Old 12-29-2006, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

yeah, i played with that a little bit, i probably won't get a better look at it unless i take it out...? :shrug:

Search this Thread