Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

old school tryin to go hi tech

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old school tryin to go hi tech

Ihave a datsun 260z that weigh's2350lb's with a old school 350waluminum heads.I thinkin about building a 5.3l/s style motor witha 76mm turbo.Will the iron block 5.3 handle700hp if i upgrade the pistons&rods? Are the stock heads ok with port work and bigger valves? What is the best way to go as far as a fuel inj set up can a stock one be modified? i know a f.a.s.t set up would be best but they sure are expensive.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:03 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi and welcome to the site!

Yes, the iron block should hold just fine with upgraded internals at that level. Several sponsers on this site sell some very nice budget ported 5.3 heads with a couple valve size options. The stock rails should handle the HP, go with bigger injectors and pump(s) obviously, as far an an EMU goes, Big Stuff 3 is the hot one atm, but I'd think anything with a wide band O2 should give you what you need.

This kind of question feel free to post in the internal section
Old 01-02-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with asmodeus, IMO the stock crank and iron block should hold up fine to around 1000whp with upgraded pistons and rods. Though it would benefit you to go with the 5.7 heads since your aiming for a boosted application.