Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help integrating LM1 into Flashscan V1

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help integrating LM1 into Flashscan V1

I have been at this all day. I cannot get my LM1 and Flashscan AFR's to match. I have tried everything and searched this site, EFIlives forums, and Innovates forums.

Here are the PID's I have selected for the LM1

EXT.AD1
GM.AFR
CALC.AFR_LM11 (AFR)
CALC.AFR_LM11 (V)
CALC.BEN_LM11

I have modified the sae_generic (in notepad) to read:
# Innovate LM-1 WBO2
# ========================
*CLC-00-928
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD1}"
AFR 10.0 20.0 .1 "{EXT.AD1}*2+10"
*CLC-00-929
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{CALC.AFR_LM11.AFR}/{GM.AFR}"
*CLC-00-930
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD2}"
AFR 10.0 20.0 .1 "{EXT.AD2}*2+10"
*CLC-00-931
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{CALC.AFR_LM12.AFR}/{GM.AFR}"

and programmed the LM1 for 0v=10AFR and 5v=20AFR. I did this as a final resort and it still does not match up. The LM1 is reading leaner than EFIlive. My car is currently in OLSD and I am attempting to do AutoVe.

In the V1 interface I have the white wire in the "E" pin {EXT.AD1} and the copper wire in the "D" pin (common ground). One of the things I am unsure of is which wire is analog 1 and 2 on the LM1. White or Red?

I am ready to put the car back the way it was and smash this LM1 on driveway

Oh... I have no cats and am taking my readings from the tailpipe. Would that make that much of a difference?

HELP.......

R/

Frat
Old 12-30-2006, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Use the LC1 tutorial and the LC1 PID and it should work perfectly. I had the same problem when I tried using the LM1 stuff.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with billyjo. Use the LC1 values for the LM1 and then use the LC1 pid. It will be perfect. If you can't get it then, give me a call and we will figure it out.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Resident

Alright... I am off to read the LC1 tutorial.

Based upon my description to I have the correct wiring going to the V1 interface.

Which color is analog 1 and which is analog 2?

Thanks for the offer of assistance. If I cant get it I will call after the New Year.

R/

Jeff
Old 12-30-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Junkie

I can answer that question tomorrow. I don't have my cable accessable atm.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

Alright...

I read the LC1 tutorial and have programmed my LM1 IAW with the tutorial. The values came out to:

.879 volt at 10.00 AFR and 4.215 volt at 20.01 AFR and this is on the Analog Out 1 screen. I left the Analog Out 2 alone as I am not hooking a guage up.

Also, I am going to move my WBO2 sensor to one of the NBO2 sensor bungs while I am running in OLSD.

Now I just need to find out which wire represents AO1 and AO2. I suspect Analog Out 2 is white wire. I'll play around with it more on Monday.... and to think I was more worried about changing the OS and migrating my tune. That turned out to be a piece of cake compared to this.

Happy New Year to all.

R/

Frat
Old 12-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Hope this helps or is remotely what you are looking for...

Reference

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...LM1_Manual.pdf

Page 19

See attached for brief overview

I went to Radio Shack and made up a little jig for my friend that has a LM-1 so we could use my EFI Live with it. (He has Hptuners)
Attached Thumbnails Need some help integrating LM1 into Flashscan V1-aux-output-mini-jack.jpg  
Old 12-31-2006, 07:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Doc
Hope this helps or is remotely what you are looking for...

Reference

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...LM1_Manual.pdf

Page 19

See attached for brief overview

I went to Radio Shack and made up a little jig for my friend that has a LM-1 so we could use my EFI Live with it. (He has Hptuners)
Hi Doc,

Yeah.. I have read all the LM1 Manuals and have them printed out. Thats where I need some feedback, which color wire represents A1 and A2..... I think I am gonna hook all three wires up and see which one logs the same as the readout on the LM1 using the LC1 pids and programming. I'll swap them from the different Pinouts if I need to, obviously keeping the ground the same.

Thanks again though and Happy New Year.

R/

Frat

Last edited by Fratsit; 12-31-2006 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-31-2006, 08:00 AM
TECH Junkie

I think red is Analog 1 and white is analog 2. I just looked at mine and believe that is how it is setup.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Black02SS
I think red is Analog 1 and white is analog 2. I just looked at mine and believe that is how it is setup.
I am thinking the same thing and thats how I have it pinned to Flashscan.

White to "Pin E" and copper ground to "Pin D".

I reprogrammed the LM1 last night to match the LC1 tutorial. Here is a pic of how I have my LM1 pinned into Flashscan.

I will be at a New Years party tonight so I wont be able to play with it today. Too much going on and if I get started, knowing me, I wont stop. The wifeage has said to playing with the car today.

I will still be online though.

Thanks for all the assistance. I still plan on getting that RR from ya... just waiting on Uncle Sam to give me my money.

R/

Frat
Old 12-31-2006, 09:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Fratsit
I am thinking the same thing and thats how I have it pinned to Flashscan.

White to "Pin E" and copper ground to "Pin D".

I reprogrammed the LM1 last night to match the LC1 tutorial. Here is a pic of how I have my LM1 pinned into Flashscan.

I will be at a New Years party tonight so I wont be able to play with it today. Too much going on and if I get started, knowing me, I wont stop. The wifeage has said to playing with the car today.

I will still be online though.

Thanks for all the assistance. I still plan on getting that RR from ya... just waiting on Uncle Sam to give me my money.

R/

Frat
Sounds good. I am stuck at home with the kids tonight as a few years ago we had a little too much fun on New Years Eve.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Mine is hooked up just like the picture.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Sounds good. I am stuck at home with the kids tonight as a few years ago we had a little too much fun on New Years Eve.

I do believe I am picking up what you are throwing down.

R/

Frat
Old 12-31-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by billyjo
Mine is hooked up just like the picture.

Cool. I am gonna give this another shot tomorrow.

I'll talk to you all tomorrow and Happy New Years to all.

R/

Jeff
Old 12-31-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Fratsit

I do believe I am picking up what you are throwing down.

R/

Frat
Old 01-02-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Resident

Still is not working. I installed the sensor in the header bung... programed the LM1 IAW the LC1 tutorial.. did not work... reprogrammed the LM1 back to the factory defaults... still nothing.... did another free air cal before I installed in the bung and got 20.9 and yet when the car is running I am seeing anything from 70+ to 1, then 25:1, ect. I did not even bother to try and integrate EFIlive.

I have followed every tutorial, the Innovate instructions... moved the sensor from the tailpipe to the bung and I am no better off.

R/

Frat

Last edited by Fratsit; 01-02-2007 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Removed unecessary comments.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Don't throw money at the problem. If it's a faulty WBO2 sensor or unit, then Innovate should work with you to get it right. I have done what you said above by programming my LM1 to 0v=10:1 and 5v=20:1 and changing the equation in the EFI live text file for BOTH LM1.1 and LM1.2. The next thing I did (to figure out which wire is the one I want to log) is I hooked up all 3 wires (ground in the middle) and logged both AD1 and AD2 along with LM1.1 and LM1.2. One AFR was spot on and one was way off. I left all of them hooked up and just logged the one that worked. You could also just program both outputs to be the same. Then, it wouldn't matter which wire was which assuming you don't need the NBO2 simulation...

Once you figure out which one to log, then you can test for ground variance. You need to program the LM1 to output a constant voltage...ie 2v=10:1 and 2v=20:1. Then, you log the raw voltage and see what EFI live reads. If it reads high (or lean), then your new equation is:

((EXT.AD1 - Variance)*2)+10

If it read lower, you would add the variance. The trick is to do this for several difference voltages (ie 2v, 3v, 4v, etc.) to get a good idea if there is any variance at different levels. I would think it should be fairly consistent.

Adjust your equation accordingly and it should be close. Then, reprogram the LM1 back to the 0v=10:1 and 5v=20:1.

Another thing you can do while you're programming is to slow down the output of the analog signal as much as you can. What that will do is average out the numbers a little bit. That's in the advanced settings I believe.

The LM1 digital readout will always be the most accurate because of the type of connection. But, you can get the analog signals close. It just takes a little know-how.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Call me before you buy anything else. We will get it handled.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry guys... just frustrated here. I have removed some of my comments from earlier...

I have put the car back in CL-MAF so I have some transportation.

The thing was working fine a month ago. I handle the sensor like its fine china. Obviously if its broken, its because I did something.... I just cant figure out what.

I normally have the sensor in the tailpipe using the clamp from Innovate. The last time I used it (over a month ago) I got an Error 8 when I went WOT. Could I have jacked up the sensor?

Chad,

I will call you tomorrow. Any particular time?

R/

Jeff

Last edited by Fratsit; 01-02-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
The LM1 digital readout will always be the most accurate because of the type of connection. But, you can get the analog signals close. It just takes a little know-how.
That is the problem.... the LM1 readout is way off. It says I am as lean as 72:1 and when I was driving around this afternoon it was reading 24 to 28:1, meanwhile I am smoking through the tailpipe like a porkbutt on an offset smoker...... the NBO2 was black when I took it out this morning to install the WBO2.

EDIT: Ya know... as I sit here and retrace my actions I do recollect leaving the LM1 on and the car off and I do remember seeing a considerable amount of condensation coming out of the tailpipe when I started the car. I did that more than once.

I just cross referenced a new sensor at NAPA.com and found it for $67.00. I think I may pick one up in the morning.

R/

Frat

Last edited by Fratsit; 01-02-2007 at 08:41 PM.