Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

How much clearance to be gained with BFH massaging????

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much clearance to be gained with BFH massaging????

I'm in need of new tires soon for my recently acquired 2000 SS.

Trying to nail down tire size, and whether to keep the C5 wheels currently on the car. Thinking I should ditch them, but..........budgets tight so......not sure. I am looking into the repro. C6 ZO6 black with machined spoke wheels as I think they'd look **** on my car, but again........not sure if I should spend the coin on wheels considering other things that need my money.

Intend to run a somewhat taller tire than many.

Curious, I have a small amount of inner wheel well rub currently with 285/35-18's, so I'm wondering how much clearance can be gained with the BFH mod????

I have no problem re-undercoating, but don't want to go so far as to tweak anything to the point of noticeing inside the car around the back seat, etc.

So, what approximately should one expect to be able to gain clearance wise at the most from the BFH mod???? Are we talking upwards of a 1/2"?

FYI, I'm planning to run as close to a 28" tall tire as I can without rocker/bumper cover trimming.

Thanks...........
Old 01-01-2007, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was able to pound out nearly 3/4" on the front of the inner fender wells to get my 315 bfg drags to fit. I think there's probably even a little more clearance to be had if it were needed.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, thanks for the info. Much appreciated...........