Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stutter in second gear?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 03:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default stutter in second gear?

I don't know where to put this since there's no obvious "general tech" section, I don't really think it's advanced tech but it's not really newbie tech either but **** it I'll put it here.

my car is a completely stock 2002 SS A4 as of right now, pulled the TNT kit off and the SLP lid off to ship to someone... put the stock lid back on so all it's got is a k&n filter and tr6 plugs.

I've NEVER noticed ANY hesitation, stutter, or anything until I put the stock lid back on this time. NOTHING is out of place or installed wrong, NOTHING.

It's ONLY in second gear (althoguh I haven't tried 5200 in third) and it's only at 5200 rpms where it feels like it's banging the limiter, then goes to the actual limiter and shifts.

I don't get what's causing it. This is my second A4 SS on the bottle and I've NEVER experienced anything like it. It's not like it's slipping or anything either. It doesn't do it in first gear whatsoever because I like to run up through first all the time. It's hard to explain but I think I did so accurately enough, it falls off like one is hitting the limiter but it doesn't bounce of anything, just stops and then goes again but it's something you can obviously feel and it does it consistantly (Four out of four times in a row just 20 minutes ago).

Help?
Old 01-09-2007, 03:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seriously, not one person can even point me in the right direction?
Old 01-09-2007, 08:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the plugs/wires and fuel system first, maybe replace the fuel filter. Might want to try a paper air filter too, I personally perfer those over oiled filters.