Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Buying F/I gauges questions.............

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Buying F/I gauges questions.............

I know that I want a boost and a fuel pressure, but which ones are the best to get? I've looked at the Spa gauges, and like them because it'll let me put in an AFR gauge (also want to put in either a PLX SM_AFR setup or a WB Commander) with it.

Also looked at the Defi gauges and while they are Very cool looking, they are pricey for just something that's flashy. The Interceptor is also Very cool, but if I want to hook up my EfiLive, then the gauge has to be unhooked to log anyway (but wouldn't really need the gauge then anyway).

Last, but not least, the Auto Meter Cobalts. I like them because they are reasonably priced and the color matches the LED's in the radio.

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but would appreciate your feed back!

Also, where's the best place to buy them?

Thanks ALOT in advance!
Old 01-05-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Auto Meter Lunars have served me very well.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

I had an autometer cobalt series boost gauge fail on me after over a year of use. Even though it was out of warranty, Autometer sent me a brand new replacement free of charge. Because of their customer service, I won't go with anyone else.

The cobalt series are awesome. The only thing I don't like about them is the backlighting is LED and not dimmable (is that a word?). They are pretty darn bright at night.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:08 PM
9 Second Club

Lately I am having ALOT of problems with the cobalt gauges. I dont know whats up. Autometer does cover them under warranty but they have been failing alot.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have autometer sport comp gauges. I like them really well, and you can get the bulb covers to change color of the gauges. Mine match my read factory gauges pretty well, and they dim right along with the factory gauges.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have autometer phantoms in mine, If the phantom IIs were out when I started getting mine I would have went that way, I like white gauges myself. autometer has been great to me, I had got a fuel pressure gauge that had a racall on them, they use to make a 1/2 sweep gauge that was cheep it was only like 90 bucks, they racalled those and sent me the full sweep gauge in its place thats a 200 gauge.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the input Guys!

It's a good/bad thing about Auto Meter because it's bad to hear of problems, but good to hear that they'll still take care of them.