PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got hptuners:) confused:(

Old 01-06-2007, 01:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got hptuners:) confused:(

I just got hptuners. I have cammed 02 w/ full boltons.

I have an lc-1 wideband installed and running through the egr.

I don't understand how to get my car to idle. Ive done quite a bit of reading but i am still confused. I can't find iac counts to log it and i cant figure out what the best method to get it to idle.

I took care of ses lights, and some basic options, I set up the scanner to log wideband through the egr. It logs the egr voltage/a/f ratio great ( ), however, A/F ratio error % doesnt work. This is the function I have: 100*((([PID.2811]/.625)+10) -[SENS.121])/[SENS.121].

I have my egr voltage, wideband a/f ratio, and a/f error % added to my table. Any idea why the Error % doesnt work?

I made some histogrtams such as stft+ltft, a/f to rpm, and a/f % to rpm. I did some logging earlier under the charts but all of my histograms are blank, do i have to log with the histograms open?

What do i do next? I am having a hard time finding options like Open loop f/a vs ect vs map. I really would like to get it to idle and not have to worrya bout it stalling everytime i let off the gas (sometimes it will hold idle for some reason).

is 13.0 a good a/f ratio to start with or should i try something else?
Old 01-06-2007, 03:08 AM
On The Tree

13.0 is fat... I.E. Rich.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

You should be aiming at 14.7:1 up to around 80kpa where you richen up for WOT
Otherwise you are needlessly burning fuel for no reason.
If you want more power, you put your foot down.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:46 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't understand how to get my car to idle. Ive done quite a bit of reading but i am still confused. I can't find iac counts to log it and i cant figure out what the best method to get it to idle.
IAC position is the pid for steps

I made some histogrtams such as stft+ltft, a/f to rpm, and a/f % to rpm. I did some logging earlier under the charts but all of my histograms are blank, do i have to log with the histograms open?
no as long as you have a valid histogram you should be able to open it & load all cells using the right click function.

http://www.hptuners.com/help/demos/CustomHisto.swf

is 13.0 a good a/f ratio to start with or should i try something else?
at wot yes thats a good place to start but not necessarily idle & PT where youll probably want to be at ~14.7:1

Search this Thread