General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Couple question on storing my WS6

Old 01-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple question on storing my WS6

I have an 02 WS6 with 2100 miles on it. I keep in covered up in a garage. I read thru the sticky but still had a couple questions. As far as for the tires, I have the car parked on a couple pieces of thick rubber. Will that help or should I still put about 44psi in the tires?? Right now they have about 30psi.
As it is sitting now, it has a 1/2 tank of gas. I just bought some sta-bil last nite to put in it. Should the gas tank be full or is it ok at a 1/2 tank??
I do start it up every couple weeks and let it run for 15-25 minutes. Is it better to just let it sit and unhook the battery or is it better to start them and let the coolant and everything circulate for a bit?? I noticed someone mentioned that just letting it sit and run doesnt allow the exhaust to get rid of all the water and impurities as driving it does. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 01-06-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would air up the tires, and it is also a good idea to fill the gas tank. Def. disconnect the battery, and it isn't a bad idea to start it everynow and then if you can. I usually start it a couple times and let it get up to temp, and then I pull it out of the garage to roll the tires a bit. Don't sweat it too much - just use common sense and it will be ready to rock in the spring.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:58 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,459 Likes on 1,052 Posts

I always leave my battery connected, and start the car about once a month. Some people prefer not to start them, but I don't like the idea of the rings sitting on the same spot on the cyliner walls for that long. Plus, running the motor gives you a chance to run the A/C system, keeping the seals from drying out. I usually run the motor for quite a while when I start it (30-45 mins or so), to get things good and warm. Usually I heat the garage up to 40-50 degrees first, so the motor will get nice and warm while running. Once the coolant is up to temp I hold the throttle at 2000-2500rpm for a while to heat the oil further. I never have any moisture build-up on the oil fill cap.

I always air the tires up to 44-45psi.

I fill the tank prior to storage and add stabil. If it gets to a 1/2 tank during storage, I refill and add more stabil.

Last edited by RPM WS6; 01-06-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never really thought about kicking the a/c on. I guess that would be a good idea too......thanks!

Search this Thread