Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What comes next?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What comes next?

Ok so I did a bunch of playing with my tune and logging. I used the wideband method. I got my VE table pretty close, i am not getting much a/f error but my ltfts are all negative, range up to like -14 average. Since i did the a/f method, can i just ignore the ltfts? Or do you have suggestions?

I set my PE table up. High 12s and it seems to work well. The a/f that at WOT.

My car finds idle at 850 more often than not but occasionally, it will rev too low and i have to save it, also i have to give it some gas at cold start.

What should i do?

Also, I am getting zero KR, so, should i increase timing across the board until i get kr and then back off?

What else should I look into?
Old 01-06-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What software are you using? Has it been tuned before or are you just starting out?

Bill
Old 01-06-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

if you are running the stock timing table (you have not gotten the car tuned before) then bump timing at WOT in the upper areas like 4200rpm and up to say 25 from the original 19 i believe..or take baby steps a go to like 22

if you did the VE tuning what you should be able to do is set your PE all to 1 value, like you did. watch your fuel trims and create a MAP in whichever tuning software you are using and long the fuel trims based on different MAP and rpm values just like the VE table... copy and paste results...smooth them out and go again. that will get rid of your weird fuel trims.

for weird idle and cold starts... try using the base spark in neutral and in park tables and set them all to 23 from i think 800(could be less) to 1krpm... you must set ALL the tables to this to get it to run 23 degrees (you could also try less, just raise it from its stock value) and you must also change your high octane table i think with those tables.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:43 AM
11 Second Club

Did i do the VE table wrong (hptuners btw)? I copied the A/F ratio error histogram then i did paste special, multiply by percent in the VE table.

So you are saying, now after I did that, i can special paste-> add the LTFT table on top of the VE table and i should be good?
Old 01-07-2007, 02:36 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Tuning by LTFTs=Bad/oldschool/darkages......why don't you just tune by smell
Tuning by Wideband O2=Good

LC-1=200
New LS1=>200
Old 01-07-2007, 03:23 AM
11 Second Club

Alright, so it is fine to have the negative 10-15 ltfts, i can just ignore that?
Old 01-15-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

You running rich and the PCM is pulling 10-15% fuel. The closer to 0 the better.

I am learning like you, so if I am off base here someone please chime in.

R/

Frat
Old 01-15-2007, 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

I am at school now so i don't have a chance to tune the car but what ive found out that i wasn't truly in open loop because i was getting ltfts in the first place. You are correct, if i was tuning correctly and i got those -15 id be off by that much. I started my tune over and now i think i am doing it right.