Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

LS1 Premium Rebuild Shop?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 06:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 Premium Rebuild Shop?

Anyone know of a vette or F-body shop in our area that has a high level of competency, experience, and attention to detail? I am looking to have my 98 LS1 rebuilt to 400-450 rear wheel HP but streetable. Heads ported, lower and upper end top of the line components, etc. Do not want to go with a crate or anything else. I'm and old school guy who like numbers to match and stay stock - what came witht the car. So yest it will still have perimeter bolt heads. They need to be able to take the whole car and do it.

I live in AZ and my first option is to ship to Motorsport Technologies in Houston but it's quite a haul and much higher transport fees then I expected.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Teching In

http://www.azpowerandsound.com/

These guys do some amazing work out in AZ.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by H&C 99Z
http://www.azpowerandsound.com/

These guys do some amazing work out in AZ.
Thank you but they operate out of the same facility as Pro Dyno. I had PD do some suspension and exhaust work some time back and it was horrid. Bilstein Corporate told me the car was not safe to drive they way they installed their components.

After my car sat in there for over a month working on exhaust system I just yanked it out of there, especially when they got to the point of wanting to now run the exhuast under the axle for duals. Clearly not what I asked for. I ended up taking them to court and won. My car/business will never go back in that facility! What a pain in the *** that ordeal was, really.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

We arent in the same building as prodyno anymore but for tuning stuff I have to check with Nic.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mark A. Rogalski
Thank you but they operate out of the same facility as Pro Dyno. I had PD do some suspension and exhaust work some time back and it was horrid. Bilstein Corporate told me the car was not safe to drive they way they installed their components.

After my car sat in there for over a month working on exhaust system I just yanked it out of there, especially when they got to the point of wanting to now run the exhuast under the axle for duals. Clearly not what I asked for. I ended up taking them to court and won. My car/business will never go back in that facility! What a pain in the *** that ordeal was, really.
We have had our own building for over a year now Stop in and check it out! We have Katech engines in stock you can look at!
Old 01-13-2007, 07:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Y2K1 SS 5.0 THIS
We have had our own building for over a year now Stop in and check it out! We have Katech engines in stock you can look at!
Pretty sure he just said that he wants to use factory #'s matching castings. No Katech for him.