Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fluid spray

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question fluid spray

alright i got a fuddle 4000 stall with a stock 4l60e and a trans cooler and every time i stand on the gas my trans fluid starts shooting out the dip stick tube and out the over flow creating a cloud behind me. ive asked several people around here and no one has really heard of this happening before Thanks Brad
Old 01-07-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had that happen to me also but i have a stock converter and it was the vent line that runs down the torque arm, it had got caught between the mount somehow causing pressure buildup in the trans!!
Old 01-07-2007, 12:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make shure you have the correct dipstick and it is not overfilled
also as stated check the vent tube next in line is a bad converter that has a bent one or more blades that will cause the oil to be mixed with air as in a blender causing the oil and air mixture to expand in volume
Old 01-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Teching In

it is the OE dipstick and i have tried the vent tube in fact location and i had one person say that they re routed theirs up higher to keep from this happening so i even tried running it up the firewall and all that did was make my motor dirty.... but i talked to john at fuddle and im sending my verter back for the lock up grinding and told him about the issue of it spraying and he said he would look at it but i dont know that it has much to do with it