General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

B&M Transcooler Leak?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 05:46 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default B&M Transcooler Leak?

Went out to my car and saw a red puddle right in front of the passenger side tire. Thought maybe my P.S had a leak, any case started looking at it and noticed under my B&M Transcooler there was some ATF, the trans cooler is right in front of the radiotor, placed where my ac condenser used to be. The coolers been in the car for abot 7 years, never leaked before, should I just swap the entire thing out for a new one?
Old 01-07-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would isolate the leak by looking at the cooler with the car running. I wouldnt suggest putting your head under the front end with it running, but thats the only way you will see where its coming from, just make sure if you are not doing it on a lift that the car is IN PARK with the E-Brake on... could just be a line or fitting, that needs replacing or teflon tape. If thats what it is, you could go through the trouble and money of replacing the cooler and have the same problem after you do the work
Old 01-07-2007, 11:41 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks I will be doing that, hopefully it leaks, it lost a ton of ATF so hopefully the leak will be easy to spot.