Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T56 to Th400 what wiring do you hookup / keep

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default T56 to Th400 what wiring do you hookup / keep

couldnt find what you need to do for the wiring.

things like my clutch safty starting switch? anyone hook it up so you cant start the car unless you push the brake in. the clutch switch is normally open, and the ciruit needs to close for the car to start. i might need to fab up a bracket or can i tap into the existing switches on the brake pedel assembly.

also how do i hook up my back up lights (which plug in the M6 harness)
and reverse lockout?
Old 01-08-2007, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wired my in to a micro switch on my shifter so that the car will only start in park.Also wired the reverse lights to a micro switch for reverse lights, wire are brown and lght green,they are on the passengers side of the car in the rear 02 sensor wires the littlee black plug that sticks out of them
BTLFEDSS
Old 01-10-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks.

not sure if ill wire the it so it only starts in park, as i might like to start it in neutral or if i stall, but thats a good idea.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:31 PM
10 Second Club

My cheetah came with a Park/Neutral safety switch and thats where I ran the wires previously connected to the clutch switch, so it will only start in park and neutral. I personally didnt care about having to push the brake in to start it but I suppose you could wire it through the brake switch. I believe the reverse lockout just doesn't get used and the reverse light wiring I didn't hook up, I would think you have to use a micro switch or similar though.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Banned

I wired the purple and dark green directly together, Light green and brown directly togehter, and didnt do anything with the orange and black wires. I have the Cheeta SCS Shifter also.

Do I need to go back and redo this? I am not really worried about the hatch. I can use the key to open it. I would like to keep my reveres light and neutral saftey switch though.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by wickedred
I wired the purple and dark green directly together, Light green and brown directly togehter, and didnt do anything with the orange and black wires. I have the Cheeta SCS Shifter also.

Do I need to go back and redo this? I am not really worried about the hatch. I can use the key to open it. I would like to keep my reveres light and neutral saftey switch though.
If you want a part/neutral safety switch to work you need to re-do it. does your reverse lights work hooked together like that? The orange and black should be hooked together so the hatch will work with the button.

Dan
Old 01-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Banned

My car is in the build stages. I will probably undo and tape off the wires for the reverse lights. I dont care if they work or not. I need to go back and rewire the neutral saftey switch then. I will have to see if i got the switch you talked about with my shifter.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:55 PM
10 Second Club

i getting ready to swap to a a4 also, couldnt you just leave the clutch pedal in and push it down to start the car still? Kinda ghetto but would work wouldnt it?
Old 01-13-2007, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

I'm sure you could, but the pedal won't come back up by itself so you'll have to pull it back up with your foot. Your right, kinda gheto .

Dan

Quick Reply: T56 to Th400 what wiring do you hookup / keep