General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Anti-Theft Problem or WHAT?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti-Theft Problem or WHAT?

This problem has been occuring for a few months now but everytime I get it looked at I basically get the same answer.

Okay, on a typical warm day (Atlanta), the car starts up fine on the first turn of the key 95% of the time, however I have noticed that when it's cold outside (below 35), it may take several cranks to finally start up. It makes the turning over sound everytime but just doesn't start. Sometimes I have to wait minutes, or even hours before it starts up. But once it starts, it's good to go. When it started this a few months ago I had it taken in and they told me it may be the anti-theft sensor reacting to a faulty key.

I am going to go get a new key from GM this week but I was wondering why it only does this when it's cold outside. That makes me believe it's more than just a key/anti-theft system problem. I see there have been a few posts about this but none temperature related. Any guesses? Thanks for the help!
Old 01-09-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I am sure that if I am wrong I will be corrected, I am pretty sure that if your anti theftsystem was not working properly, the starter would'nt turn at all. So I would say that your instinct is correct.