Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

polyeurathane tranny mounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default polyeurathane tranny mounts

i bought my 02 ta bout a month ago my tranny mount was going to crap i replaced it. coming out of the dealership rolling already i got on it grabbed second then eased out of it in put it in fourth. from the 1-2 shift i felt the tranny smack the underside of the car so ive been looking for poly mounts because apparently the stock ones cant handle what little mods the car has. so my question is after where can i find some poly mounts? ive searched(on the site and the internet) and havent managed to find them. anyhelp would be appreciated thanks.

ps has anyone else had any problems with their car eating tranny mounts like they are nothing? my car only has exhaust, lid and a predator tune imo nothing the stock mount shouldnt be able to handle.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A mostly stock car with a new tranny mount shouldn't have the tranny hitting the body. Are you sure you installed it right?

If you're going the poly route you can order a prothane mount from a sponsor or you can run down to autozone and get an energy mount.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rollinna65
A mostly stock car with a new tranny mount shouldn't have the tranny hitting the body. Are you sure you installed it right?

If you're going the poly route you can order a prothane mount from a sponsor or you can run down to autozone and get an energy mount.
the mount was installed at the dealership as i got a warranty on the car so i figured why not. as for going to autozone ive been there advanced auto parts and o'riellys and they all say they dont have any even in the computers for it.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Teching In

If you replaced the Tranny mount and it still smacks then common sense says its the torque bar mount - It is the only mount that could possibly cause vertical movement - The Tranny mount is just for horizontal movement

(Take off in second means your rear end is pushing on the tranny - tranny mount is keeping it stationary but your torque bar is pushing up up and then smack)

If thats not it then I'll smack myself

The drive shaft isn't going to stop this movement because it is made with 1 1/2 in. or so front and back movement to accompany the chance of movement