General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

help! rear lights are freaking out!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 08:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Default help! rear lights are freaking out!

so i notice that when i put on the left hand turn signal it just stays lit, if you haven't experienced this problem it means i have a light out...or so i thought.

i replaced all the lights in the back because i haven't since i got the car and just figured it'd be a good idea...and go to turn on the signal to check...still no good.

so i put off trying to figure it out cause it was 10pm when i replaced them and it was cold. a day or two later, someone tells me i have a brake light out...wtf.

so the drivers side tail light stays lit like i have the brakes on 24/7 and the passenger side tail doesn't light up when i mash the brakes it just stays on the running lights...WTF!

i am SO lost, i'm sure it's a short circuit or something...anyone had any problems like this? i'm so confused and hate having lights out and when i can't run my lights because it will look stupid.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the light sockets up front, especially the driving lights, mine did the sme thing and the driver side light(the yellow ones) the socket was melted. Not a big deal I paid $45 bucks at the dealership, happy hunting
Old 01-10-2007, 02:35 PM
12 Second Club

the front ones come on though...hum...guess i gotta start trouble shooting...

anyone else heard of this?
Old 01-13-2007, 07:31 PM
12 Second Club

any help would be GREATLY appreciated it's starting to really **** me off now i've checked everything!
Old 01-13-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy crap 45 bucks !! I just checked every auto store and they didnt have my year/make socket... waiting till monday for the parts dept to be open =( fuq