General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Heat doesnt work all that great

Old 01-10-2007, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat doesnt work all that great

Seems like the fan that blows the heat out is progressively dying. What comes out is hot enough, but on MAX setting, its very weak and takes forever to warm the car. What part needs to be replaced and where is it located on the car?
Old 01-10-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When the engine is warm, it is not heating the car on MAX blower?

Is the blower acting funny in any way, or is it blowing for all it is worth an no heat shows up? Clarifying may get more information.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:13 PM
12 Second Club

The actual temp of the heat is fine. Seems warm enough. The power of the motor blowing it out is what seems to be failing. I have to put my hands up to the vents to feel the heat coming out because it doesnt blow hard enough. This doesnt seem to care whether the car is just fired up or been running for a half hour.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would say check for other threads about blower motors and see if some of them talk about the kind of symptoms you are getting. If the heat temp is fine, it seems you just aren't getting enough blower motor power.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:02 PM
12 Second Club

Thats what my thought was. Im not really sure where the motor is located tho. Any ideas?
Old 01-10-2007, 03:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine was making noise once, pulled it out and it was full of small leaves. Easy to get to, pull the panel under the dash on passenger side, disconnect the wiring connector, remove 3 small screws and the whole unit pulls out.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Does the blower motor work fine when switched to A/C mode??? The blower motor for A/C and heat are the same blower. Just different actuators can what air temp doors are open. If it is the amount of air coming out of the vents, then maybe you have a bad air temperature door actuator. Some what unlikely, since the F-bodies use vacuum actuators, which are much more reliable then the newer electronic pieces of crap that die in every silverado on earth. SO just see how well air flow works on a/c mode. If no air blows out on a/c mode, then check for leaves, etc restrictions.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

The AC seems to blow out at the same rate the heat does leading me to think its definately the motor. If its that easy to get to, and I dont think they are all that expensive, I might as well just replace it right?

Search this Thread