Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone re-upholstered the stock seats? Price?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone re-upholstered the stock seats? Price?

My two front white leather seats are absolutely trashed, Just picked up the car and I'm not sure what was dont to them, but they have rips and never were taken care of at all. I really like the white leather because it's pretty unique and I'd like to keep the color combo, plus my backs are practically mint.
Anyone had thier leather seats re-upholstered? How much did it cost?
Or is there a seat cover that fits great that would look almost as good?
Old 01-10-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spent 400 on my aftermarket seats... I can imagine it being much more than that
Old 01-10-2007, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you need to look for a local upholstery shop becuase prices vary from shop to shop and also depending on which leather you go with. one shop quoted me $1200 to do 4 seats and 2 door panels while another said $1200 would also include the dash and center console. or you can always go to katskinz and install them yourslef which is pretty easy. katskinz sells premade leather seats with an array of option you can shoose from. when you get them at your house its like a glove for your seat and you have to remove the old ones and install the new ones with hog rings. its actually pretty easy
Old 01-10-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Resident

I've also heard of 1600 to do a nice job on just the front seats....it's expensive
Old 01-10-2007, 05:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

just like 530transam said the price will very depending on the materials and the shop. Call around and see who has a better price. And make sure the shop does good work. I've seen some work come out of shops and it looks bad because the shop took short cuts or didn't want to fix an early mistake which caused a problem later on in making the new covers.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys,
That said I think I might just go with the Katskinz covers....

Now here's the other issue... The driver seat foam is worn to hell, when I sit down in it, if i "plop" down into it without being careful the foam on the inside bolster is so gone the metal hits my spine and makes me cringe in pain for a minute or so, and the bottom bolsters are through the foam and digging into my legs. ** no I'm not fat, I'm 6'1 185** So this clearly should not be an issue.
Would it be cheaper just to pick up a "new" used seat/seats to put the white leather covers on? Or can I get new foam to repair the seat myself?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Banned

look locally i got mine done for 175 a piece. black synthetic leather, red stitching, and red suede inserts included int he price
Old 01-10-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what about getting a shop do redo the bolsters.. mine are starting to go flat on the driver side at the bottom of the seat.. If I could.. I would like to have the side bolsters made a little higher so I dont slide around.. anyone done that?
Old 01-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Launching!

If your located around NC or would be willing to ship I know of a person who does an amazing job on upholstery. He's been doing it for over 35 years and has done some amazing cars, not to mention he's not that expensive. You can PM me for details if your interested.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

I bought the leather for my interior for $800 and that included the front seats, rear seats, door panels, and shift boot. It's a very high quality leather, at no extra cost you can get a different color insert even. You just have to install them yourself which is very easy.
If you want the link shoot me a PM because they aren't a sponser here.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Banned

can you pm me the link for the leather i need to find some for my door panels
Old 01-11-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by not7fifteen
Thanks guys,
That said I think I might just go with the Katskinz covers....

Now here's the other issue... The driver seat foam is worn to hell, when I sit down in it, if i "plop" down into it without being careful the foam on the inside bolster is so gone the metal hits my spine and makes me cringe in pain for a minute or so, and the bottom bolsters are through the foam and digging into my legs. ** no I'm not fat, I'm 6'1 185** So this clearly should not be an issue.
Would it be cheaper just to pick up a "new" used seat/seats to put the white leather covers on? Or can I get new foam to repair the seat myself?

Katskinz uses really good quality leather. I bought a kit for my truck because it was cheaper than I could get materials for. I wasn't going to have to pay for labor but leather wasn't cheap.

You can get new foam for the seat from the dealer. I know the foam for my seats wasn't much at all but for your camaro it will be higher don't ask me why but the foam for the camaro seats is more expesnive. I paid $35 for the foam for my seats

Quick Reply: Anyone re-upholstered the stock seats? Price?