Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Fuel Rail Covers wont install?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Rail Covers wont install?

This might sound really stupid, but I cant get my covers on my 98 T/A. I bought them from afterthoughts auto and were trimmed to fit, and still, I cant get them on. I must be doing something wrong. Can they bend a lot? I need help, please.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98BADAZZTA
This might sound really stupid, but I cant get my covers on my 98 T/A. I bought them from afterthoughts auto and were trimmed to fit, and still, I cant get them on. I must be doing something wrong. Can they bend a lot? I need help, please.

Did you go to the website with the step by step instructions.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Parbreak, what web site? I'm also installing Corvette FRC's on mine and have been reading and viewing some of your stuff. Having a 2002 WS6 I screwed up and bought 2002 FRC's. I know I have to cut the second slot, trim the rear, and for the throttle. (the Dremel is my friend) Trying to read as much as I can before starting. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I cut mine using some templates and then they just snap on to those little ***** that are on your coil packs. It took me awhile to get them too but they will fit. Good luck
Old 02-02-2007, 11:39 PM
12 Second Club

If it is anything like gto coversz......just pick up ur throttle cables and cruise control cables and put em back there......they dont fit perfect....but they fit.......driverside kinda snaps.....but passanger just kinda fits.....doesnt snap too good....but stays where u leave it
Old 02-03-2007, 05:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will probably have to clearance a bit more on the R S cover for the AIR tube and harness back there and more on the LS for the AIR solenoid. The metal tabs on the covers will want to catch on white plastic Fuel injection harness connectors, I have found that if you just slide your hand under there (with your mechanics glove on) you can prevent most of that. the FI harness on the rail also tends to hold the cover up, you may have to remove the plastic retainers, push the harness down and out of the way a bit and re-attach it with tie wraps. Give those things a try and check back here with progress.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

i ordered mine from the checkard flag store and couldnt get them on.. i called bryan (parbreak) and no more then 5 mins after i got off the phone with him they were on...
Old 02-03-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by presto_z
i ordered mine from the checkard flag store and couldnt get them on.. i called bryan (parbreak) and no more then 5 mins after i got off the phone with him they were on...

Cool Deal

Bryan
Old 02-03-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bryan is a wiz with these FRC's I can't tell you how many people I have sent his way.

Quick Reply: Fuel Rail Covers wont install?