Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS engine in 240SX

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS engine in 240SX

Thinking about putting ls1 or ls2 into 90 240SX. I'd seen tread in forum, my question is does anybody making convertion kit? or does it have to all custom fabs.

I have LQ4 with top half finished! I really like the engine, from my understanding LS blocks are bit smaller and 90lbs lighter than LQ block.

but LQ4 engines are much cheaper than LS engine.
how hard its to swap tranny to Manual in LQ engine from Denali or SS?
Old 01-11-2007, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Hinson Supercars makes a conversion kit for the 240. If you look through this forum, you will find a lot of people who have done, or are working on this swap into both the S13 and S14 chassis. They have each taken a somewhat unique approach to the conversion in the way of motor/transmission mounts, cross members, exhaust, cooling, wiring, etc. The iron block will work, although you get 90 lbs of additional weight over the front wheels. The KA motor is slightly lighter than the LS1, so the chassis maintains a similar balance. There is also some question as to whether the F Body or Y Body front accessories will bolt up to the LQ4, since the truck accessories will not work under the stock hood, and may also have clearance problems between the engine and radiator. If there is a choice, the LS1/LS6/LS2 is the way to go.
Good Luck!
Old 01-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Launching!

Front Accessories will fit into lq4. it's exactly same as ls2 block, except that they use iron block instead aluminum.
ls2 and stroke it will make good N.A. power. less work to make it to 408 stroker.

Quick Reply: LS engine in 240SX