Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

BFG DR's: I've got the right one? CCW fit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BFG DR's: I've got the right one? CCW fit?

Hey, all...

I need to replace my Nitto 555r tires (315/35/17), and I need something that will hook better on the street. The car is never in the rain. The wheels are CCW 10.5" (anyone have any problems using BFG DR 315's on a 10.5" wheel?)

From what I read on the site, BFG DR's are the way to go unless you want to wait for the M/T in 315/35/17.

This is the tread design that grabs hard for you guys, right?

But the only BFG DR on Tire Rack's site is the "BF Goodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial 2:

And then they add this:
The only change will be the tire's name on the sidewall. The g-Force T/A Drag Radial-2 will retain the Comp T/A Drag Radial's dimensions and proven asymmetric tread pattern, making it compatible with the original Comp T/A Drag Radial, allowing both tires to be paired together for use on the same axle.
So what's the situation with these? The lower pic does not look at all like what I want. Where can I buy the tried and true hook-like-crazy BFG DR's?

Thanks for any help...
Old 01-13-2007, 02:10 PM
12 Second Club

In that size (315/35 17), you can't. If you're dead set on the "new style" BFGs, I would call them up and ask if there's ANY possibility of them releasing that size in the "new tread pattern" in the near future (or EVER). If not, I would just wait for the MT.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

ok.. just get them.. they only offer the bfg drag radial II in your side.. they just look like **** there because thats a small tire but they actually are a little big for 315s.. those were the first ones out but they changed there name to II's for some reason

also... and this is whats important.. THEY ARE BOTH MADE OF THE SAME TREAD COMPOUND..
Old 01-13-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the problem you are running into is this, the BFG KDW 2 is only available in 18" tires. That is the first tire you pictured, its referred to as NT(new tread) or the 2 series. You will not find that tread pattern in a 17 currently.

The second tire you pictured is the original BFG drag radial and its only available in 17" tires.

I provided a link below to help you with this. I have seen several people run into this problem lately. Everyone wants the series 2, but its only offered in very limited sizes right now. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...ance&tc=MTAHZI
Old 01-13-2007, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

Never the less.. its the same tread compound, it just has the looks of the old school Traction TA tread theyve been using since the 70s.. No doubt the top pictured tire looks better.. I dont know why they dont make them in 17s theres obviously a demand..
Old 01-13-2007, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

I guess the question becomes this: are all these people that recommend BFG's talking about the top pic or the bottom one? Even if they're the same compound, I would MUCH rather have the contact patch of that top tire.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:25 AM
TECH Resident

I see more with the tread on the top.. I dont see many people using the dr2s in 315s anymore.. It just sucks you need an 18 inch wheel to use them... Apparently they still hook fairly well though