Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Weird Noises...

Old 01-14-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weird Noises...

Hey guys,

I need a little help if you will...

I've got a 2002 Camaro SS with a Tex OZ700 and I've put about 5,000 miles on it. I made sure when installing it to scrape the paint from around the bolt holes, loctite on everything, yada yada...it works perfect.

I don't have any problems and never had until now. I've got a weird annoying *** noise that sounds like a rubbing sound but only when taking off from a stop. Everything shifts perfectly, no rattles, shakes or any shifting problems...it just makes a annoying "woomp womp womp" noise and then it's gone.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the time.

D
Old 01-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clutch Chatter. It's normal with high performance clutches.... im assuming thats what a Tex Oz700 is?
Old 01-14-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's the Textralia. Sorry, I thought everyone would be familiar with the name of it by now.

II don't think it's chatter because I installed the clutch and it had chatter. Then it went away. I've always been under the impression that once chatter goes away...it stays gone. The chatter went away within about 400 miles of installing it. From 400 to 4500, it has been silent. Now at 5000 it makes the weird noises.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weird Noises...