Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

School Me on LED lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 11:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default School Me on LED lights

well ive been doing some research on leds and i still feel Lost..So what all would be needed for putting leds in your taillighs..just get led bulbs that match up to your stock ones and install or what ..also what about putting leds in your foglights .basically same question can i just get the bulb and plug and play
Old 01-15-2007, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey there's a company that makes a led light that has leds all over it and facing away from it ( that would shine on the reflector inside the taillight where you plug it in at should light up a taillight good but forgive me i forgot the site besides im pretty sure they are not a sponsor but someone reading this will know what im talking about and help possibly
Old 02-28-2007, 02:31 AM
Launching!

/....
Old 02-28-2007, 08:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've replaced incandescent lamps in my car with LEDs in every place except for dash, foglights and headlights. Use sylvania's auto lamp replacement guide to tell you what lamp you have in each area. Once you know which lamp you need, take a look at plugnplay LED clusters that use the same base as the lamp your replacing. From there its common sense on choosing the proper design to fully use the housing and output the proper amount of light. PM me and I'll shoot you a link to who I purchase all my stuff from and what I exactly purchased for my ride to give you a good start. I am not very electrically inclined to make my own LED clusters so this is the way I have to go.

Also, if you are using LEDs in turn signals, you need to replace the one EL12 thermal flasher for the hazards and one EL12 flasher for the turn signals for EL12 electronic flashers. LEDs do not draw enough current so the turn signals won't work and you will get the "light out" on the dash. This is honestly very easy stuff to do. I would love to post pics of the exact LEDs I used but they have the sponsors name all over the pics so thats a no go.

-brian
Old 02-28-2007, 10:07 AM

Are you wanting just plug in bulbs? Or do you want to do your own custom work? I could talk all day, how much time you got? lol

Quick Reply: School Me on LED lights