Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal play after getting on it...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 08:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Clutch pedal play after getting on it...

I have been having issues for a while, and I am about to throw a shim behind the slave. I have an LS7 clutch and every time after I get on it, there is a ton of play at the top of the clutch, about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way down it feels free, like it is just trying to get the throwout bearing to the pressure plate. I am not sure why this happens, but hopefully someone can shed some light on it for me.

The car also is a PITA to get into gear fast, which is another reason why I would like to shim it. I would just hate to do all that work if there is another reason why this is happening or what. Getting a new clutch is not an option, I have only had this for about a year and 6k miles and dont want to spend 1k on a clutch right now.

Thanks
Old 01-17-2007, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the slave and the master been up graded? Or bled latley?
Old 01-17-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ooooo yeah.

Slave worked fine on the last clutch, which wasnt in there long. I replaced the master cyl right before I did the clutch and didn't have the problem before. Plus, I am not the only one with this symptom after doing an LS7 clutch. Plus, I have bled the system prob 10 times since then hoping to fix it. There is no air in it and the fluid is as fresh as could be.