Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injector swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector swap

alright, got a stupid question i think i probably already know the answer to....

well my tuner lives about 30 miles away, i just got some new 42# injectors and i really dont want to swap them in my buddies driveway. if i stick them in the car before the tune and drive out there will it run ok? im sure its going to run pretty rich.... but yeah. any input would be appreciated
Old 01-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Launching!

It might be a little difficult to drive but it would be possible. I know when we first put the 37#'s in the wifes car, before the tune we really couldn't rev it over about 2k-2500 because it would start to flood out.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

I was wondering the same thing. Found this post https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=tune
Old 01-18-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Injectors are pretty easy to change...maybe 30-45 minutes. I would suggest doing them in the parking lot of the tuning shop.
Just drain the fuel rail, unsnap the wires going to the injectors, unbolt the fuel rail, pull it out after moving some wires that run around it, use lots of pressure to pull the injectors (they're in there tight!), then apply more pressure to put the things back in...especially into the intake. Reinstall the fuel rail...you're done.
If you had a tuning program like HP Tuners, you could do 42#'s yourself.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
Injectors are pretty easy to change...maybe 30-45 minutes. I would suggest doing them in the parking lot of the tuning shop.
Just drain the fuel rail, unsnap the wires going to the injectors, unbolt the fuel rail, pull it out after moving some wires that run around it, use lots of pressure to pull the injectors (they're in there tight!), then apply more pressure to put the things back in...especially into the intake. Reinstall the fuel rail...you're done.
If you had a tuning program like HP Tuners, you could do 42#'s yourself.

i think you missed my original post... haha

my buddy has HP tuners.. he lives a ways away though. and its 10 degrees outside and he doesnt have a garage lol
Old 01-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Launching!

Although I did forget to mention. Yes the car will start and will probably not run very well at all. Although with that much extra fuel going in you do have the possibility of fouling out your front o2 sensors.