General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car wont drive..... GRRRR

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont drive..... GRRRR

Out of all the problems I'm having with my car another one just popped up a few minutes ago. Everything worked fine until I went to back up. It went in reverse and rolled backwards. Then I went to give it gas and nothing. RPM's didn't go up, car didn't move, nothing happened like I wasn't even touching the pedal. Then it finally kicked it and started going after a couple minutes. With that came the smell of burning rubber. I wish I could say it was my tires, but it wasn't. That would make things easier. I didn't push the gas all the way, just enough to get me going like usual. Any suggestions? Like setting my car on fire for the insurance money... LMAO
Old 01-16-2007, 05:37 AM
TECH Resident

Is yours an auto or manual? If manual I would have said a slipping clutch can cause a burning smell but dont know whats up with rpms not responding...
Old 01-16-2007, 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Camaro Girl
Out of all the problems I'm having with my car another one just popped up a few minutes ago. Everything worked fine until I went to back up. It went in reverse and rolled backwards. Then I went to give it gas and nothing. RPM's didn't go up, car didn't move, nothing happened like I wasn't even touching the pedal. Then it finally kicked it and started going after a couple minutes. With that came the smell of burning rubber. I wish I could say it was my tires, but it wasn't. That would make things easier. I didn't push the gas all the way, just enough to get me going like usual. Any suggestions? Like setting my car on fire for the insurance money... LMAO
Youre still having problems?? Sounds like an electrical/ignition problem.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

I have an automatic. My car is having one problem after another. I'm gonna fix the obvious stuff for now and sell it. It hasn't done what's mentioned above since just that one time in reverse. But it has been a little sluggish to go lately, I'm contributing that to my MAF or possibly my throttle body, cause that's not working right either now.