Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bye bye 2nd gear..

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bye bye 2nd gear..

well today i headed off to work and my car was shifting great.. i had nice firm shifts, and no problems at all...

well on my way home from work totally diff story.. i had a really bad slip from 1st to 2nd.. so i drive home (4 miles to my house from wrk) and check tranny fluid.. it looks great and was about an 1/8 pint low, so i top it off and go for a test drive.. its still doing it and even worse

so i wanted to see how it was at WOT.. from 40 i nailed it and slams into first superhard like always and when it went to shift into 2nd it bounced off the rev limiter.. i also manually put in in second, and it just revs up and barley accelerates.. so now im gonna be getting my tranny rebuilt with a good shift kit (any recomendations?) and a 3600 stall ( im still not sure which brand im gonna get..vig..yank..fuddle or what str to go with)

if the price of a rebuild is to high im gonna go with a performabuilt and do the swap myself...

im gonna get gears at the same time (i have 2.73's now)

do u think a 3600 stall with 3.73's is good for a DD or should i only do 3.42's ( I dont wanna make a seperate post asking that)

thanks in advance
-steve
Old 01-15-2007, 09:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Sorry it died on you let us know if we can be of any help remember we ship within a couple days and do not require a core so you can keep your old one to play with, shipping in the mainland us is free and LS1 tech members get a 50 dollar discount. But reguardless
if you need anything let us know.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-16-2007, 07:54 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like your band is smoked. Please check out we have to offer. We do sell parts or rebuilds. Take some time and check out the link in my Sig. Vince
Old 01-16-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks alot...

fri im gonna find out about getting mine rebuilt.... i may buy one and install it myself if they want an arm and a leg for the rebuild...

my buddys uncle owns a shop with awesome rep, so hopefully he can hook me up.. i wanted to spend my income tax check on something else for the car, but now i dunno

thanks again
-steve
Old 01-16-2007, 05:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Yes I know all to well how money wished use for one thing gets taken by another , Sory to hear that

Call 888-744-6542